Home

Do players on CPU teams actually progress at all?

This is a discussion on Do players on CPU teams actually progress at all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #25
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Do players on CPU teams actually progress at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Are you doing an online or offline CCM?
Online CCM year 3

Also, good to know that, at least occasionally, CPUs do start younger guys with worse OVR. But, are you sure it's not just your scheme that sees a player with worse OVR starting when really, to the CPU scheme, the young guy is better? Just curious.
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #26
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desalbert
Online CCM year 3

Also, good to know that, at least occasionally, CPUs do start younger guys with worse OVR. But, are you sure it's not just your scheme that sees a player with worse OVR starting when really, to the CPU scheme, the young guy is better? Just curious.
Am I right in noticing that everyone who does online CCMs say it's fine... But what about people who do off line CCMs?

Maybe this is a problem in off line CCMs only?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #27
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I am only in season 1 of my offline CCM and I have noticed CPU players are improving. I chose to track the 49ers (I am the Falcons) at 4 weeks Michael Crabtree went up a point as did others. So, fear not, it's happening.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

There are many problems with the progression system. As you guys know, backup players will never become breakout stars because they can't get the xp. Even if the players with low overalls gets a proper amount of play time, they will never become elite because the average rating increase is only by three points. Some players don't even progress at all even when they have exceptional year statistically. The thing is I really wish they kept potential. The ai really doesn't know how to progress without it. I know there is a trait similar to the old progression system, but it has a very limited effect. At least they're getting us the ability to edit our players in the next patch. Now I'll be able to fix this horrible progression system.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy
There are many problems with the progression system. As you guys know, backup players will never become breakout stars because they can't get the xp. Even if the players with low overalls gets a proper amount of play time, they will never become elite because the average rating increase is only by three points. Some players don't even progress at all even when they have exceptional year statistically. The thing is I really wish they kept potential. The ai really doesn't know how to progress without it. I know there is a trait similar to the old progression system, but it has a very limited effect. At least they're getting us the ability to edit our players in the next patch. Now I'll be able to fix this horrible progression system.
You can't edit ratings in CCM, only before starting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »