Home

Cover 2 equals first down?

This is a discussion on Cover 2 equals first down? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cover 2 equals first down?

Sorry cover 2 fans, but just as the streak route has destroyed practically every coverage this year, cover 2 was not spared. Let me explain, I am not referring to 4 verts, or even two streaks to one side to put a safety in a bind.

Football is a numbers game so in those situations, you would not expect cover 2 to reliably stop that every time. What I am referring to here is when your cornerback jams the receiver, the second he stops boom you can complete a pass.

Even if the receiver is stumbling, this is if the cornerback forces the receiver inside.

If he lets the receiver get side you are toast the second he releases also. Don't believe me? Play the right opponent online, i am not gonna even get into the slot receiver which can burn you, even if there are no other vertical threats, because the safety plays two close to the sideline.

They fixed this in ncaa, but it is still in Madden, and with patch 3, no signs it has been touched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Cover 2 equals first down?

Make the two slot dbs cover deep and the safeties run hook zones. still cover 2 just two different dbs. really wish they had create a play for these things.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjJunior
Make the two slot dbs cover deep and the safeties run hook zones. still cover 2 just two different dbs. really wish they had create a play for these things.
It still doesn't solve the issue I am referring to. I wish I had video of this, that is really the best way to convey the message. I
Old 10-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy
It still doesn't solve the issue I am referring to. I wish I had video of this, that is really the best way to convey the message. I
If you are getting beat deep but you still want a Cover 2 look then Cover 2 Sink is the way to go. The corners do a much better job of sinking with the vertical threats. Its supperior in every way.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I only user the safety and I never really get beat on a Cover 2, unless the CPU sends like 4 guys deep then I got out smarted by the AI (can that happen?) I use Jarrod's black slider set for play now too so it isn't me being on an easy difficulty thing. I could see if you let the AI control the safety how that could be an issue though..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
If you are getting beat deep but you still want a Cover 2 look then Cover 2 Sink is the way to go. The corners do a much better job of sinking with the vertical threats. Its supperior in every way.
Doesn't work for me. Safeties just backpedal and sit there in their little bubble while to their sides the receiver is wide open, then only when the ball is in the air do they react and it's never in time to contest the pass
Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1

Hot route one of the lb's into a hook zone. Takes care of the middle pretty decently.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
Hot route one of the lb's into a hook zone. Takes care of the middle pretty decently.
That's unrealistic. A linebacker should get burned on a streak by a fast receiver

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »