Home

Online Teamplay Question: Connection Quality

This is a discussion on Online Teamplay Question: Connection Quality within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5
Online Teamplay Question: Connection Quality

I'm completely new to online Madden so apologies in advance if my question reflects that.

After hearing news of co-op being patched into CCM next week, me and my co-op friends have purchased Madden 13 for Xbox. In order to get some practice in before we meet up I've been exploring different game modes, and in doing so, online Teamplay caught my attention. After going into the online lobby I noticed that my connection quality was 2 out of 3 and everyone else's was 3 out of 3. I then played online with people and the delay/lag was a problem. A perfectly thrown ball from my teammate and I didn't catch it because of the delay. Defending the pass brought about similar issues. I then played offline and it was totally different, very responsive like in previous Maddens.

My download speed is between 6-7MB (which is fine for other online games) and I live in England, UK. Is my download speed not sufficient or could it be my location that's the issue? (I tried creating my own lobby and still my connection quality was 2 out of 3). Or are online Madden matches always like this where pressing the button a second earlier than offline is the norm?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

Re: Online Teamplay Question: Connection Quality

I should also mention that I asked some people online last night about connection quality and nobody had an answer.

Any help appreciated.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Most of the time it can be pretty laggy I guess. Madden can be laggy with just 2 people.. So throw 4 more on top of it and chances are greater. Sux because I think this is one of the best modes to play... Wish more ppl like team play.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

I agree, it's a great mode.

Interesting what you say about your games being a bit laggy too - mine are really laggy - although I still don't understand why my connection quality is lower than everyone else's?

Is 6-7 MB download speed deemed poor connection quality?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

it's location mate. you're connecting to US EA servers from the UK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
it's location mate. you're connecting to US EA servers from the UK
Doesn't EA have dedicated European servers for their Euro customers?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

Could just be coincidence but I followed a YouTube tutorial on opening NAT on my router and after setting up a port trigger my connection quality is now 3 of 3!

Thing is, I tested my Xbox live connection on the Xbox dashboard prior to this and it said everything was fine, yet after doing the port trigger thing (Netgear router) my connection quality is 3 of 3.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

opening your nat just makes matchmaking e.t.c easier, it won't have any bearing on the lag in-game of anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »