Home

There needs to be a JUMP button

This is a discussion on There needs to be a JUMP button within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: There needs to be a JUMP button

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylaB
Have you tried switching to your receiver as you release the ball, and continuing his route for him, and HOLDING Y to go for the catch? Instead of just pressing it? That usually seems to make my receiver try and high point the ball instead of just flailing his arms in the air.
Yes and it just seems to get confused when I try to maneuver my receiver in front of the defender to get a better angle
Old 10-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #10
Rookie

Jay62107's Arena

The thing I hate the most is not being able to manually dive for catches and interception they put great animations into the game but we only see them every 2-4 games the user needs more control over the player.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
I figured isi be disagreed with and that is fine. I just can't stand how easy this game is and anything to help my receivers catch the ball better will just mean I'm scoring more points per game. They just need to make this feel like football.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #12
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenkinator
I figured isi be disagreed with and that is fine. I just can't stand how easy this game is and anything to help my receivers catch the ball better will just mean I'm scoring more points per game. They just need to make this feel like football.

Your not wrong simply because the ability to jump is 1 sided. The Ball Hawk Feature should apply to both sides of the ball. It makes WR play so boring simply because the vertical shot is gone unless you burn the defender completely.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw
Your not wrong simply because the ability to jump is 1 sided. The Ball Hawk Feature should apply to both sides of the ball. It makes WR play so boring simply because the vertical shot is gone unless you burn the defender completely.
There was a video on the Main Hub Screen for Madden 13, Ball-hawking was ORIGINALLY for OFFENSIVE PLAYERS ONLY. They added it to the defensive players. If you want a WR to attack the ball in the air vs catching in stride you have to hold the button down ('Y') if you re-route the WR it will not activate.

The video I mentioned had Josh Looman, or some other EA employee in it, it may be available on youtube somewhere.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 10-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay62107
The thing I hate the most is not being able to manually dive for catches and interception they put great animations into the game but we only see them every 2-4 games the user needs more control over the player.
Its funny, the majority here on OS are against giving the user more control over the player. Make the player play to his ratings ie ESPN NFL 2k5. Giving the user more control allows the user to overcome using a subpar player and hurts immersion. I agree with the assessment, although I didn't like ESPN 2k5
Old 10-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenkinator
I actually like the way it is now, and I believes it well be based off of Spectacular catch whether they really go for it or not. I really feel like it sets players apart. If I could press the jump button Id be able to destroy cbs and safeties with my taller receivers.

Just because a guy is tall and can jump high shouldn't make him unstoppable at jumpballs, certain catch ratings should determine how good a receiver is at actually coming down with the ball. We should at least have a chance to make our WRs able to jump up and try to prevent an INT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Except getting tackled by your own Oline, nothing is more frustrating than trying to user catch on offense.

With the way DBs get vertical the user should have control, based on how you press the button, over how your receiver goes after the ball. Ratings should determine the success of such "moves".

More drop/bobble/catch animations would make the DB/WR interactions more immersive and fun.

It is sickening to see INTs result from DBs who were clearly torched but manage to ascend to verticals of nearly forty inches despite never having to slow down or "gather" into the jump animation. It is almost impossible to drop a pass over the top no matter how you hit the button, how badly the DB was burned, it is like the ball is magnetically attracted to DBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »