Home

The Little Things, EA

This is a discussion on The Little Things, EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

Cutler2Marshall2012's Arena

OVR: 0
The Little Things, EA

Well here we are once again about a month and a half into the latest Madden. I just wanted to state some things I notice with the game that pisses me off so bad that I have to restrain myself from cracking my disc in half. And if anyone could reply and let me know if they are having these problems too, I would appreciate it!!

1. Why does the clock not stop when you go out of bounds? It only does when I am in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarter. And one time during my CC mode it did not stop!! I was down one, got into field goal range but when I went out of bounds the clock did not stop. Needless to say I ended up losing that game because of that error from EA.

2. I know its October and the NFL supports breast cancer awareness by wearing pink. BUT, in previous Maddens it would only happen in October of my franchise mode. Now when I am in December I am getting my players wearing pink. I didn't mind it for a regular season game, but when I got into the playoffs my players were wearing pink.

3. Instant starter turns on by its self. I want to work my way up the depth chart but instead I am given the starting job. So Madden decides how I want to play my game.

4. The twitter column on CC screws up. I won the superbowl with the Bears. I resign Lovie Smith and a tweet says "Bears made the right choice to clean house after a disappointing season" another one said "Lovie Smith takes over a struggling Bears team. LOVIE HAS BEEN WITH THE BEARS SINCE 2004!!

5. Presentation lacks again. I am not asking for a huge half time show or pre game show (which would be awesome btw) I am just looking for a ticker like NCAA has that tells you scores around the league. And maybe a little window in the game that shows the standings or playoff race. Also, why are Simms and Nantz saying that a preseason game is prime time and its a BIG game?

I will stop there but I could continue for hours. Once again its little things that EA refuses to do that makes the game disappoint. Let me know if anyone else is having these problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The Little Things, EA

Here is a little things thread that is a sticky at the top of the page.

Just an FYI.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html

As far as your first question, for at least the last 10 years, the clock stops when the ball goes out of bounds with 2 minutes or less left in the game, otherwise, it keeps on ticking. Madden has this one right.

Each football quarter lasts 15 minutes, and in the last two minutes of the second and fourth quarters, players can stop the clock by running out of bounds. At all other times during the game, time continues to tick away, even if a player runs out of bounds. This allows teams to attempt last-minute scoring drives at the end of each half, while also shortening the game at nonessential moments.

Last edited by roadman; 10-13-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The Little Things, EA

Please use the thread Roadman provided.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »