Home

Why Can't We Edit Names, Height, and Weight?

This is a discussion on Why Can't We Edit Names, Height, and Weight? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Why Can't We Edit Names, Height, and Weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
This sounds very passive. Why after all these years, users having full control of the game, would they take it all out and why would you submit to their changes?

Seriously, it's like replacing chocolate cake for carrots on a fat kids plate. It just doesn't work that way.

What you said does not make sense. You're the prime example of EA's target audience right now. Someone that would accept the game as is even if it's full of bugs and glitches and they take out key features of the game.
Oh, well in my case, I have to explain, I haven't played Madden since 05 when Head Coach came out, and editing attributes isn't part of a sim-style coaching game so it's not something that was taken away from me.

I won't assume to know the reason why they did it, but it has been posted that it was taken out for online continuity/integrity and I'm guessing it's not in offline just because it was easier at the time.

Substituting carrots for cake is a good thing in all aspects, not sure what you are implying there with your analogy.

I have to chuckle at being EA's prime example/target, you have no idea how much I wish that was the case just read a few threads on here and you'll quickly find I am not EA's target, although maybe, speaking for my audience I should shoulder some of the blame for the Frankenstein M13 is

Me, target audience, prime example...chuckle....thanks
Old 10-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't understand why u would want to. that said, I don't see why they wouldn't let people who wanted to do it.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #19
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

Here is just a basic answer to a question that I keep seeing asked:
"Why would you want to edit ratings? That's not sim."

My answer, and I suspect the answer for the majority of the people who edit ratings is this:
The ratings done for this game are, as a whole, barely acceptable. They are arbitrarily done by Donny and his group, and in many aspects are lacking. Who's to say what EA rates a guy is the law of the land? Look at the rest of this game? They are not exactly known for being deadly accurate with their reflection of the NFL.
Not to sound like I'm a know it all (I certainly don't know it all), but I follow the NFL extremely closely and I know that a lot of the players that are rated highly just are not that good and vise versa. I edit ratings to make the game MORE sim. Honestly, I drop a lot more ratings than I raise. People don't just jack their teams up in ratings to blow thru the opposition. If they want to do that, rookie skill level will do the trick. Editing is a tool to make this game more life like and once again, the consumer gets the shaft.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all

Last edited by cletusdog; 10-15-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #20
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Oh, well in my case, I have to explain, I haven't played Madden since 05 when Head Coach came out, and editing attributes isn't part of a sim-style coaching game so it's not something that was taken away from me.

I won't assume to know the reason why they did it, but it has been posted that it was taken out for online continuity/integrity and I'm guessing it's not in offline just because it was easier at the time.

Substituting carrots for cake is a good thing in all aspects, not sure what you are implying there with your analogy.

I have to chuckle at being EA's prime example/target, you have no idea how much I wish that was the case just read a few threads on here and you'll quickly find I am not EA's target, although maybe, speaking for my audience I should shoulder some of the blame for the Frankenstein M13 is

Me, target audience, prime example...chuckle....thanks
what I meant by my analogy is that we are the "fat kids" and they have been giving us chocolate cake basically every year, chocolate cake being being able to fully edit our rosters, putting who we want, where we want, editing who we like, how we like. But now they take all that away because they "didn't have the time" or the new mode couldn't "fit it in". I don't know.

But basically what i'm saying is you can't take that feature away without facing a big backlash. It's not cool. It's like they're trying to tell us "Hey, play it our way or don't play it at all". We want to play it our way, the way we always played. We pay for it, why do we have to play this incomplete, stripped version?

So now it feels like they slowly replaced our chocolate cake with carrot cake with chocolate icing on it. It's like no. Not having it. We saw what you did there.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #21
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimate
Can't you just draft 6'2-6'3 safeties and move them to corner? And TE's to WR? I don't really have any complaints about player sizes but it would be cool to have an oddball here and there. For some reason EA did put in a few 6'3-6'4 HB's. I also saw a 28yr old QB in one of the draft classes. I lol'd.

You can't edit a safety to a corner in CCM, nor a TE to WR afaik. So you still have no way to see a 6'3 CB in CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #22
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

I just wish I could edit the first 5 years worth of rookies to real life players. These fake players and inability to edit anything that matters is about to make me shelve this game for good.

Where is Madden 14 wishlist site at? CREATE DRAFT CLASSES!!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #23
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Sorry to burst your bubble here guys, but there are 6'3" corners in the draft classes.

There are also 6' 6" WR's... I'm not sure where you guys are getting that there are not.

There is even a 6'7" 400lb LT.

Really, the only place where the draft classes are lacking are in DT size, as 350 is the biggest I've seen so far and FS/SS weights where they routinely hover around 200-210 and very rarely get up into the 225+ range.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Sorry to burst your bubble here guys, but there are 6'3" corners in the draft classes.

There are also 6' 6" WR's... I'm not sure where you guys are getting that there are not.

There is even a 6'7" 400lb LT.

Really, the only place where the draft classes are lacking are in DT size, as 350 is the biggest I've seen so far and FS/SS weights where they routinely hover around 200-210 and very rarely get up into the 225+ range.

Honestly I have not seen either a 6'6 receiver or a 6'2+ CB, even among the really bad recruits. Do you know which draft classes, or you just recall seeing them? I've looked at hundreds of players in the draft classes and don't recall seeing either height at all so I'd be curious where I missed them.

Regardless why restrict people playing offline anyway?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »