Home

Stupid but...this is the end for me on Madden

This is a discussion on Stupid but...this is the end for me on Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Stupid but...this is the end for me on Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapstone32
It isn't working for me either. When I use my imported roster Matt Ryan drops from a 92 to a 86. Michael Turner goes from an 85 to a 96?? Darren Sproles from an 88 to a 66??? WTF??
*sighs*

That would be your selected schemes altering the players OVR ratings. If you look closely, all their attribute ratings should be the same, its just that each scheme setting calculates the OVR rating differently.

It's amazing to me how many people hate on CCM simply because they refuse to take the time to explore it, and learn it. It's a completely new mode, that takes on much of the old franchise differently. It's a change from what we're used to, I get that, but at least take the time to read the CCM manuals that are out there in PDF formats, educate yourself on the mode, rather than just freak out because its different. Once you adjust to it, you'll see its really not that far from what you're used to.

As long as you go into "my madden" edit your roster, or load your edited roster, then start a new OFFLINE CCM and select "import my madden roster", your edited rosters will be there.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #18
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
*sighs*

That would be your selected schemes altering the players OVR ratings. If you look closely, all their attribute ratings should be the same, its just that each scheme setting calculates the OVR rating differently.

It's amazing to me how many people hate on CCM simply because they refuse to take the time to explore it, and learn it. It's a completely new mode, that takes on much of the old franchise differently. It's a change from what we're used to, I get that, but at least take the time to read the CCM manuals that are out there in PDF formats, educate yourself on the mode, rather than just freak out because its different. Once you adjust to it, you'll see its really not that far from what you're used to.

As long as you go into "my madden" edit your roster, or load your edited roster, then start a new OFFLINE CCM and select "import my madden roster", your edited rosters will be there.
I have done this very thing numerous times, i.e. edit my roster from the main screen (my Madden) to reflect the starting QBs in the NFL today, reordered the depth chart, saved the roster. Checked the roster and confirmed it was correct. Started a new offline CCM and imported my roster (middle choice of the three). Guess what, Henne, Garrad, Flynn, Hasselback, etc. are all back to starting once I check the depth charts in CCM. None of what I had changed were reflected. It's like it didn't even transfer my roster and I have not touched schemes.

So I'm not getting how this is working for some. Maybe a certain roster has to be edited in the first place?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
*sighs*

It's amazing to me how many people hate on CCM simply because they refuse to take the time to explore it, and learn it.
There are a lot of legitimate reasons to dislike CCM. And their are a lot of legitimate reasons to get excited about it. CCM has brought us into ANOTHER new direction that has caused many new bugs w/o fixing many of the old legacy issues. So far it has taken many features out that have previously existed and some of the ones that returned in this last patch have bugs. And my own personal dislike of the new progression system in CCM, but that part is just a personal preference to something more realistic.

But their are many things to like about CCM (if everything worked correctly). CCM brings online franchise the advancements this should have had many years ago. It also brings the possibility of more Head Coach like features in the future for both online and offline franchises. But going by CCM's XP progression, it doesn't give me hope that CCM franchise enhancements in the future will be geared towards realism.

And really, CCM should have been Madden 2006, not Madden 2013. 2013 should be a much better game than it is.

But this is off topic so enough.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
I have done this very thing numerous times, i.e. edit my roster from the main screen (my Madden) to reflect the starting QBs in the NFL today, reordered the depth chart, saved the roster. Checked the roster and confirmed it was correct. Started a new offline CCM and imported my roster (middle choice of the three). Guess what, Henne, Garrad, Flynn, Hasselback, etc. are all back to starting once I check the depth charts in CCM. None of what I had changed were reflected. It's like it didn't even transfer my roster and I have not touched schemes.

So I'm not getting how this is working for some. Maybe a certain roster has to be edited in the first place?
The problem is that in the scheme that team runs for whatever reason the rookie ovr falls below the veterans ovr. So, you made Tannehill a 76 ovr to Matt Moore being 74. Sounds easy right? Except in that will take Matt Moore to a 76 and Tannehill to a 74 with the exact same ratings. In order to start the QB must be higher rated in the scheme that team has at the time. Just because you edited him to be better overall then the other guy doesn't make him better to that team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »