Home

Edited roster into CCM not working?

This is a discussion on Edited roster into CCM not working? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Edited roster into CCM not working?

I have a question about this.

As i understands it the CPU changes the depth chart so that the CPU plays the with the player that has the best OVR on each position instead of the player who plays in real life on that position?

Even if the depth charts were correct when you import and load your CCM wouldn't the CPU change the depth charts after one week of play when ratings change and injuries etc start to come?

Or am I completley missunderstanding the problem?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #34
Rookie

mrbenjamin's Arena

OVR: 0

something isn't right with the current roster that is out Eli Manning is a 97 overall i have tried everything and i can not get him to be a 97 in my offline ccm. Like someone mentioned before i changed his speed attribute to 99 and that carried over but not the overall... tried changing scheme nothing worked any suggestions?

I just want to use the current Giants Updated roster on my ccm. Is this even possible?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #35
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbenjamin
something isn't right with the current roster that is out Eli Manning is a 97 overall i have tried everything and i can not get him to be a 97 in my offline ccm. Like someone mentioned before i changed his speed attribute to 99 and that carried over but not the overall... tried changing scheme nothing worked any suggestions?

I just want to use the current Giants Updated roster on my ccm. Is this even possible?

I don't think it is. I've tried everything to get my adjusted custom roster to carry over to a CCM. From reordering, saving, then importing when starting a new CCM, to starting a CCM and going from team to team, changing the depth charts then retiring the coaches. Nothing works, the depth charts either reset themselves or don't carry over in the first place.

I thought this was supposed to be fixed in the patch?

Anyway, I thought I would try to live with this game and try to have fun until I played a game last night. I am up 21 late, the CPU has basically just run the ball the whole game. Thrown the ball just 9 times late into the 4th quarter for a total of 35 yards, this is on all-pro with adjusted sliders that favor the CPU. Guess what, they continue to just run the ball, I know they are going to run the ball so I call a run blitz on every play....resulting in minus yards.

CPU AI is beyond belief and I am officially done with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
I don't think it is. I've tried everything to get my adjusted custom roster to carry over to a CCM. From reordering, saving, then importing when starting a new CCM, to starting a CCM and going from team to team, changing the depth charts then retiring the coaches. Nothing works, the depth charts either reset themselves or don't carry over in the first place.

I thought this was supposed to be fixed in the patch?

Anyway, I thought I would try to live with this game and try to have fun until I played a game last night. I am up 21 late, the CPU has basically just run the ball the whole game. Thrown the ball just 9 times late into the 4th quarter for a total of 35 yards, this is on all-pro with adjusted sliders that favor the CPU. Guess what, they continue to just run the ball, I know they are going to run the ball so I call a run blitz on every play....resulting in minus yards.

CPU AI is beyond belief and I am officially done with this game.
CPU AI is working as designed and how it was requested to work. The combination of schemes with the logical AI leads to always starting the highest OVR in the scheme and not the best available player. In order to have correct depth charts you have to make sure that the starter is the best available running back in the scheme that they run etc.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #37
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6

I just wan to know why my LDE is starting at RDE and vice versa. Same for LB's...
Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #38
MVP

opd897's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
CPU AI is working as designed and how it was requested to work. The combination of schemes with the logical AI leads to always starting the highest OVR in the scheme and not the best available player. In order to have correct depth charts you have to make sure that the starter is the best available running back in the scheme that they run etc.
Thanks for the response and I believe I understand what you are saying however all I wanted to accomplish was to set up all the rookie QBs to where they are starting comparable to what is current in the NFL.

I re-rated each starting rookie QB in "My Madden" to where they were the best and on top of the depth chart then saved after reordering. After going into CCM all are not rated as I had done and none were starting. Talking about 5 or 6 Qbs here. So none of them fit the scheme of the team they are on? Not sure why EA made this so difficult. So if I want the rookie QBs to start then I must go in and change the scheme of the team to match what the QB is good at? Not sure how one would even go about attempting that since you can't do it if already in CCM and I am not about to go in and retire coaches to figure it out. And I am just talking QBs here, not running backs as I would think QBs would be good to go on any scheme.

I bought this game to have fun.....not to continually try and figure out how to get things to work correctly.

Last edited by opd897; 10-16-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #39
MVP

opd897's Arena

OK, while this DID NOT WORK yesterday I gave it a go again today and everything transferred over to CCM correctly.

Went in to make an offline CCM. I chose the bottom of the three choices "import connected careers updated roster". Went and checked the depth chart and all of the rookie Qbs are at the top of the depth charts that should be.

Simmed the pre-season and all played and stayed at the top with one exception. Apparently the Browns are not happy with Weeden, their top draft pick as they signed Garrard who is now starting even though their overalls are the same.

I am going to try and live with this game if I can find some sliders that make the CPU gameplay more realistic.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Thanks for the response and I believe I understand what you are saying however all I wanted to accomplish was to set up all the rookie QBs to where they are starting comparable to what is current in the NFL.

I re-rated each starting rookie QB in "My Madden" to where they were the best and on top of the depth chart then saved after reordering. After going into CCM all are not rated as I had done and none were starting. Talking about 5 or 6 Qbs here. So none of them fit the scheme of the team they are on? Not sure why EA made this so difficult. So if I want the rookie QBs to start then I must go in and change the scheme of the team to match what the QB is good at? Not sure how one would even go about attempting that since you can't do it if already in CCM and I am not about to go in and retire coaches to figure it out. And I am just talking QBs here, not running backs as I would think QBs would be good to go on any scheme.

I bought this game to have fun.....not to continually try and figure out how to get things to work correctly.
Lets just put it this way. You can't change the teams scheme. The only thing that you can do is to increase the player in the key attributes for that teams preferred player scheme. I forget which items are weighted most for which scheme, but there are 2 to 3 for each and they are different.

A QB could be an 85 Strong Arm QB and a 70 West Coast QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »