Home

Cheap, Uncoverable Route

This is a discussion on Cheap, Uncoverable Route within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

dmoney761's Arena

OVR: 1
Cheap, Uncoverable Route

I'm sure this has been brought up, but this has happened to me in more games of late...quick throws to the tight ends on streak routes. With the use of precision passing, it's virtually uncoverable. Some guy just put up 63 pts on me, very frustrating. Is there any way to stop it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney761
I'm sure this has been brought up, but this has happened to me in more games of late...quick throws to the tight ends on streak routes. With the use of precision passing, it's virtually uncoverable. Some guy just put up 63 pts on me, very frustrating. Is there any way to stop it?
Manually cover him is the best way...

From my fingers to your eyes using Tapatalk...
Old 10-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

dmoney761's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Cheap, Uncoverable Route

I tried but when they come out with 2 TEs they can go to either one. Precision passing makes it nearly impossible as well
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I tried but when they come out with 2 TEs they can go to either one. Precision passing makes it nearly impossible as well
Thought i was the only one. Some guy put Maclin and Jackson at TE and scored on each throw...

Not really much EA can do simply because the play takes advantage of precision passing. I would say just put two LB's inside into a zone and put both DE's in a deep zone.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

You have to put DB's on the TE's to have a chance, and put the MLB in a yellow zone.

It's really, really lame and a huge exploit.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's not an exploit to the point that you're making it.
Audible to zones over the middle or manually control your middle linebackers who are in man or zone coverage...

if you think someone is audibling to a TE streak..you have to react...because that first read should be hot....

cover 2 is usually not going to work on it because the safeties will mushroom out and vacate the middle of the field..

stop tipping your hand on defense by moving players presnap and every once in a while take your safety and float them over towards the middle of the field when you think that streak is coming..

and if I ever see Maclin and Jackson at tight end, I'd just drop out of the game..that's not cheese..that's an @$$ hole with a game system..no point in playing them...and I'm a diehard eagles fan.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik
It's not an exploit to the point that you're making it.
Audible to zones over the middle or manually control your middle linebackers who are in man or zone coverage...

if you think someone is audibling to a TE streak..you have to react...because that first read should be hot....

cover 2 is usually not going to work on it because the safeties will mushroom out and vacate the middle of the field..

stop tipping your hand on defense by moving players presnap and every once in a while take your safety and float them over towards the middle of the field when you think that streak is coming..

and if I ever see Maclin and Jackson at tight end, I'd just drop out of the game..that's not cheese..that's an @$$ hole with a game system..no point in playing them...and I'm a diehard eagles fan.
I also love dropping de back into middle zones. Throws them off. Gotta be careful tho as this leaves Vick Wide open to scramble.

From my fingers to your eyes using Tapatalk...
Old 10-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I seldom ever give advice on Madden strategy because it's likely not grounded in real football but here goes anyway. Back when I had and still played the game online, I would bring in a Nickel CB to check the TE and have them press coverage. You can alternate between trying press coverage and shading to either side to try to take the TE route away. Also, try some zones you maybe think have no business stopping the routes because those likely will. If you are going to use zones, use some from the quarter and dime package, with your fastest Dbs blitzing and try showing blitz to walk your coverage closer to the LOS to play the TEs.

I am not so naive as to act like there is some blanket answer to stopping this but the solution(s) probably rest on doing something unorthodox to real football, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »