Home

Editing in CCM = distorted appearances?

This is a discussion on Editing in CCM = distorted appearances? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Editing in CCM = distorted appearances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I must not be seeing what most of you are in games. I went in and edited 4 OL. Two of them I just changed helmets and #'s (saved it with their skinny arms), adjusted one back to normal body size, then the last one I jacked up to all 10's for size.

Once in game, 3 of the OL looked normal while the 1 I cranked up looked... cranked up.

On a side not, you can now make any player robocop (no facemask with a dark visor).
I agree, once you edit an OL/DL they looked cranked up forever. There is no re-editing you can do to change them back. So in my 32 user online CCM I currently have 4 of my best players LT, RG, DT,RE with freakish looking bodies.

It might sound crazy but I'm considering benching them. Looking at their bodies kind of ruins my visual enjoyement of the game.

Please EA re-patch this! I feel so hurt right now
Old 10-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #74
Rookie

thebeaverbutcher's Arena

OVR: 1

I changed H. Ngata's number from 92 to 93, played the first preseason game, zoomed in on him, and his arms were the correct size.

He is a d-lineman, so unless I did something wrong, he should have had small arms right?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
I went to edit Olinemen, soon as I hit edit player his arms were tiny and had no belly, but you just edit them back up to 10 and make them big again and then save. They all look normal during gameplay... Its a glitch but so far it seems it can be adjusted.
Not so, at least not for everyone. After seeing several of my players shrink from editing equipment (OL and DL mainly), I went back and edited their body proportions up to the 8-10 range. When I started my pre-season game back up, those players were still small.

It appears that they cannot be altered to fit normal size again.

What I'm interested in is knowing which positions you can edit without risking this and which you can't.

So far I know OL and DL are affected.

I've edited HB with no adverse effects, and LB as well, I think.

The crappy part is that the lone piece of equipment I really hate is the rubber arm pad, which is worn by lineman.

At this point, you kind of have to laugh to keep from crying. This is a pretty disappointing result.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does this glitch apply to qb's as well?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by celey
From what I gather it's OL, DL, FB. There's one more spot, and it's either QB or FB. I know I read FB, so it's up in the air about QB; I just don't recall.

I do know that HB is fine, as is LB. Haven't tried DB.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #78
Just started!

OVR: 4

I have performed some pretty consistent tests and here's what I've found.

It doesn't happen with every Quarterback, but if you enter editing it will sometimes jack their arm size up to 10. I know for a fact this happens with Vick.

Editing Halfbacks causes their legs to go skinny in the same way an O-Lineman's arms will. I first noticed this with Toby Gerhart. Seriously, try it with someone like Michael Turner or MJD and you will notice it too.

Fullback seems to be fine for me, I don't know where this came from.

Obviously, editing any member of the offensive line is bugged. Just don't do it.

Defensive Tackles and LEFT Defensive Ends are bugged. Editing right ends are fine.

I have had a problem with only one Linebacker and that was Gary Brackett whom I signed to my Bucs CCM. As soon as entering, he suffered from the skinny arm syndrome. Released him. Can't stand the visual of it.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #79
MVP

So my question is since I edited pretty much every player on my team last night. For any player that I have the skinny legs or arms issue with I need to go back into edit mode and make the area larger to fix the glitch for now until EA hopefully patches it? I play an online CCM if that makes a difference.

Anyway info would be great.

Thanks!!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #80
Rookie

Trevor04Gt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celey
Nah, don't think so. I edited a bunch of stuff on RG3 and he looked perfect in game.

@Trevor04GT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »