Home

Clarifying NCAA13 Coach Mode vs Madden13 QB Autothrow

This is a discussion on Clarifying NCAA13 Coach Mode vs Madden13 QB Autothrow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Clarifying NCAA13 Coach Mode vs Madden13 QB Autothrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Yes, but one of the EA reps, Emmm I believe, in the Update #3 thread which was like 98 pages long and closed soon after the patch dropped today, stated, and i'll paraphrase, that the coach mode would require no user control, just call the play and the CPU/AI does the rest....

As we know, the coach mode isn't like that....And as i said, Coach mode in Madden is really "Pass Assist", they lied there too..Just people have accepted it this long....

The Coach MOde is extensively talked about in the following thread - so many people believed and were left to believe this was to be a true coach mode.....
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-you-use.html
I understand that, but I've never played NCAA coach mode, so, reading Emm's comment, just call the play and the cpu does the rest is similar to what coach mode did in the past for me. If you don't control the QB, the QB will auto throw.

From my perspective, that's a misunderstanding having never played NCAA coach mode and always use to Madden's coach mode.

I can see how others may have felt mislead.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

I just believe EA needs to be held accountable for this deception....

I am usually very friendly towards EA games and have many times defended BF2, BF3, and Madden....Guess I am getting tired of it....

They should have said - you will now be able to use the Coach mode as is implemented in "play now" in CCM.....Not how they said it as, using true coach mode and calling plays and that is all we have to do....Misleading....

SORRY - I know I am beating a dead horse....I am mostly ridding myself of my disappointment, frustration and anger ....
Old 10-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I just believe EA needs to be held accountable for this deception....

I am usually very friendly towards EA games and have many times defended BF2, BF3, and Madden....Guess I am getting tired of it....

They should have said - you will now be able to use the Coach mode as is implemented in "play now" in CCM.....Not how they said it as, using true coach mode and calling plays and that is all we have to do....Misleading....

SORRY - I know I am beating a dead horse....I am mostly ridding myself of my disappointment, frustration and anger ....
I understand, I think we all understand. There was absolutely a breakdown in communication in what was a clearly worded question. I'm just not going to go as far as saying it was a deliberate like to Big. I just think "Coach Mode" although I think Big even mentioned NCAA13...you know nevermind, there really isn't an excuse for the miscommunication. It was definitely a fumble, but I'm just not going to assume there was malicious intent behind it, that is all.

p.s. you used deception and that's where I'll say no, but it was definitely umm, a bonehead mistake, we all make them. And I'm not being insulting saying bonehead, we all have brain farts, it isn't a reflection on anyone's abilities.

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 10-15-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

I understand what you are saying, but reading Emm's comment, I just thought it would be similar to past Madden's coach mode.

As I said, others have the right to feel differently.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

We have the right to feel differently because we straight out asked them they differences people are pointing out.

If anything it speaks to the lack of understanding on what some of your customers want.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
We have the right to feel differently because we straight out asked them they differences people are pointing out.

If anything it speaks to the lack of understanding on what some of your customers want.
I think your last statement says it all right there.

People were expecting something different than what was implemented in the patch.

As I look at Big's thread, it's dated Oct.5th. The patch was clearly submitted by then.

Last edited by roadman; 10-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Like I said it is what it is. But I swear I specifically asked is this really a coach mode. Like just call plays and do nothing else. I don't feel like rummaging through old threads so maybe I wasn't that specific but I thought I was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Like I said it is what it is. But I swear I specifically asked is this really a coach mode. Like just call plays and do nothing else. I don't feel like rummaging through old threads so maybe I wasn't that specific but I thought I was.
I can't argue with you Danimal, you are absolutely right in that there should not have been any question what you and Big meant, I just don't like people saying it was intentional. Someone said "deception". Just curious, and I know it's just your opinion, but would you go that far to think it was purposeful deception?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »