Home

Clarifying NCAA13 Coach Mode vs Madden13 QB Autothrow

This is a discussion on Clarifying NCAA13 Coach Mode vs Madden13 QB Autothrow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Clarifying NCAA13 Coach Mode vs Madden13 QB Autothrow

I have read a number of the posts discussing Coach Mode in NCAA13 versus Coach Mode in Madden13. I do not own Madden13, but I do own NCAA13 and I play NCAA13 exclusively in Coach Mode. Hopefully, the following comments will clarify some of this discussion.

In NCAA13, one of the main game screens offers two game play options for playing single games. Those options are "Play Now" and "Coach A Game".

Choosing Play Now allows a player to fully control players, or the player can opt to set QB Autothrow "On" and the CPU will control the player's QB. This feature has been in NCAA for a number of years and is similar to the Madden feature using QB Autothrow. In this mode in NCAA, the player must still execute kicks and all camera choices are from behind the Offense.

Choosing Coach A Game is true "Coach Mode". The player has no control of players on-field actions and the camera angle is Broadcast. The player can call audibles, hot routes, etc. in this mode, but the player cannot take control of any player on the field. This mode is what I use to play Coach Mode in NCAA13.

I cannot report on how these features operate in NCAA13's "Dynasty" mode, since I have only played single games up to this point.

From what I have read, Madden13 does not provide true Coach Mode, even after the new Patch. QB Autothrow is available as a play option, but the player must still execute kicks. I understand that there is a Broadcast camera available, but I don't see how it could be used if a player must execute a PAT or FG.

I am not interested in Madden13 unless EA has actually put in a true Coach Mode option, identical to the one in NCAA13.

Hope this helps clarify things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Clarifying NCAA13 Coach Mode vs Madden13 QB Autothrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I have read a number of the posts discussing Coach Mode in NCAA13 versus Coach Mode in Madden13. I do not own Madden13, but I do own NCAA13 and I play NCAA13 exclusively in Coach Mode. Hopefully, the following comments will clarify some of this discussion.

In NCAA13, one of the main game screens offers two game play options for playing single games. Those options are "Play Now" and "Coach A Game".

Choosing Play Now allows a player to fully control players, or the player can opt to set QB Autothrow "On" and the CPU will control the player's QB. This feature has been in NCAA for a number of years and is similar to the Madden feature using QB Autothrow. In this mode in NCAA, the player must still execute kicks and all camera choices are from behind the Offense.

Choosing Coach A Game is true "Coach Mode". The player has no control of players on-field actions and the camera angle is Broadcast. The player can call audibles, hot routes, etc. in this mode, but the player cannot take control of any player on the field. This mode is what I use to play Coach Mode in NCAA13.

I cannot report on how these features operate in NCAA13's "Dynasty" mode, since I have only played single games up to this point.

From what I have read, Madden13 does not provide true Coach Mode, even after the new Patch. QB Autothrow is available as a play option, but the player must still execute kicks. I understand that there is a Broadcast camera available, but I don't see how it could be used if a player must execute a PAT or FG.

I am not interested in Madden13 unless EA has actually put in a true Coach Mode option, identical to the one in NCAA13.

Hope this helps clarify things.
The items italicized are NOT in M13, the items in bold are in M13. The odd addition is that you are allowed to choose the Broadcast view, but it is not mandatory.

Broadcast cam stays during kicks. You just use the meter from the high broadcast angle...
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Banned

californ14's Arena

I am very disappointed in this M13, supposed "Coach Mode" as the OP has highlighted, M13 does not have "Coach Mode" post patch 3....I feel EA and their associates have mislead, and basicly straight out lied to US....
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
MVP

It would seem that way based on Big's posts, but I think the harshest you can be is to say that it is a misundersting :\
Old 10-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
Banned

californ14's Arena

EA/Tiburon needs to take that option in M13 they named "Coach Mode" and rename it, "Passing Assist" option ON/OFF....And then give us a real "Coach Mode" option as in NCAA....And then EA needs to stop calling its consumers IDIOTS, through their deceptive language and refusal to go to action....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
EA/Tiburon needs to take that option in M13 they named "Coach Mode" and rename it, "Passing Assist" option ON/OFF....And then give us a real "Coach Mode" option as in NCAA....And then EA needs to stop calling its consumers IDIOTS, through their deceptive language and refusal to go to action....
Madden has had the same coach mode as long as I can remember. It was never like it is in NCAA.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
Banned

californ14's Arena

Yes, but one of the EA reps, Emmm I believe, in the Update #3 thread which was like 98 pages long and closed soon after the patch dropped today, stated, and i'll paraphrase, that the coach mode would require no user control, just call the play and the CPU/AI does the rest....

As we know, the coach mode isn't like that....And as i said, Coach mode in Madden is really "Pass Assist", they lied there too..Just people have accepted it this long....

The Coach MOde is extensively talked about in the following thread - so many people believed and were left to believe this was to be a true coach mode.....
"fyi-true-coach-mode-being-patched-into-m13-will-you-use"....This thread is still on the first page of this forum....

Last edited by californ14; 10-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Yes, but one of the EA reps, Emmm I believe, in the Update #3 thread which was like 98 pages long and closed soon after the patch dropped today, stated, and i'll paraphrase, that the coach mode would require no user control, just call the play and the CPU/AI does the rest....

As we know, the coach mode isn't like that....And as i said, Coach mode in Madden is really "Pass Assist", they lied there too..Just people have accepted it this long....
are you going to say i'm switching carrots for chocolate cake also? lol, i'm still chuckling over that post to me in the patch impressions thread, you guys should read it I think i'm gonna print it out and frame it, seriously! still chuckling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »