Home

Run/pass ratio can be fixed. Offline only

This is a discussion on Run/pass ratio can be fixed. Offline only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Run/pass ratio can be fixed. Offline only

I found a way to get the computer to pass more. I am in an offline CCM and with 2 controllers. When screen comes up with both teams, slide 2nd controller over and go to advanced settings and change their play book. I chosed pass balanced for the falcons and they threw 43 times, ran 22. Hopefully this will continue to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Run/pass ratio can be fixed. Offline only

The plays will all be generic then. I can only assume that in the Falcons playbook, they have a lot of formations featuring 2 or 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 RB

This should be different than the New England playbook which should feature a lot of 2 TE or 3 WR sets, and different than New Orleans which should feature a lot of 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB sets or 4 WR 1 TE sets

If you set all of the "dominant" passing teams to have the same playbook, would they not all just call the same formations and plays? There would be no difference between these teams
Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
I'm guessing it has more to do with not the playbook but maybe using the second controller..it's like a reset of whatever bad run to pass ratio there is..ill check this when I get home from work..very good find
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
The plays will all be generic then. I can only assume that in the Falcons playbook, they have a lot of formations featuring 2 or 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 RB

This should be different than the New England playbook which should feature a lot of 2 TE or 3 WR sets, and different than New Orleans which should feature a lot of 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB sets or 4 WR 1 TE sets

If you set all of the "dominant" passing teams to have the same playbook, would they not all just call the same formations and plays? There would be no difference between these teams
Maybe . Have not tested with different setups. I m just happy they were throwing the ball a lot. It also has a generic spread, run balance, balance. Etc. hopefully we all can figure what to put each team at
Old 10-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
Rookie

You have to switch controller back to middle before entering the game. Can't switch controllers after game starts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Im getting good run/pass ratio now. Played the cowboys the throw 51 times and run 21 times
Old 10-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Sounds like some potential here....

Though I fear the only way to get proper run/pass ratios and also to get the CPU to call plays that are more appropriate for the situation there needs to be more the CPU has to consider besides down and distance and the weight of the plays available for each of the situations covered....

EA/Tiburon do provide a 2 minute situation in the playbooks; though, unless there is coding behind the scenes to take into account the score and actual time remaining and whether it is the 2nd or 4th quarter, the weight system is not much use....

As I have seen so far, the computer shows no signs of taking into account score differences and time remaining in the half and game....Until this is sufficiently addressed I doubt no one will consistently get a logical and common sense game out of the CPU....

And since it does not appear the EA/Tiburon team bothered to weight teams to run/pass to their tendencies in real life I am not filled with much confidence they bothered to take into account quarter, half, and end game instances as well as taking into account whether a team is behind or ahead at any given point in the game....
Old 10-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #8
Rookie

We can also use the HOF playbooks. I know vermiel s play book has tight end in slot on some plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »