Home

gameplans are the only killing issue now.

This is a discussion on gameplans are the only killing issue now. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
gameplans are the only killing issue now.

I was hoping each would fix this with the latest patch. gameplan are to run heavy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: gameplans are the only killing issue now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I was hoping each would fix this with the latest patch. gameplan are to run heavy.

If you look in a couple of other threads below about pass/run ratio, if you have a second controller you can either adjust to the pass balanced gameplan playbook for teams you play against or edit the CPU playbook with your own gameplan by using the second controller. This is the only way right now but a welcome change after the patch especially in CCM offline
Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
ok. this sucks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1350537429722.jpg (72.3 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1350537463381.jpg (63.7 KB, 139 views)
Old 10-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

how many minutes are you playing? from stats it seems short. Dont take this the wrong way but if you arent stopping the run why would they change it? I really dont run into it but im better against the run than pass so i find most teams try to pass on me.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ne-only-2.html

you have to check this thread out...I am trying to get a thread together to to list all the teams and all the play books that play like the certain teams...trust me the 2nd controller play book switch works...played a half vs the broncos..manning threw 14 times and they ran 4 times....also been finding out playing on a higher threshhold ...my RBs have been subbing ...even got my 3rd stringer some reps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

This reason, and this reason alone, is why I haven't even bothered downloading the most recent patch. I'm not poo-pooing the efforts and enhancements b/c we all know they did a bang-up job cramming a lot of features into it.

But w/ the gameplans all screwed up, including not having to prepare for aerial assault when playing against the likes of Aaron Rodgers, the game isn't authentic.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, I played my online CCM against the Packers last night, and the run ratio for the first half of the game was crazy heavy. At one point GB had about 9 runs and 1 pass.

The CPU was torching me on the ground for like 8 ypc, but that's a slider issue - seems like every team does that to me post patch. But I built up a lead and later on, by the end of the game, Rodgers threw the ball maybe 45% of the time. But I was blowing him out, and even the CPU pass play effectiveness was nothing to shout about - didn't look like Rodgers at all. That could also be a slider issue, I haven't got my balance right yet.

Still, just starting out the game so run heavy was silly.

I'm going to do more to gimp the CPU run game a bit because my team can't be giving up 200 yards every game on the ground, that's not realistic (I play the Giants). Maybe that will make the CPU adjust to more pass. That's what I'm hoping, but what I see on the boards doesn't encourage me much. I'm going to gimp my own run game a bit too because I'm getting too many yards.

Seems like the patch has really boosted the run game all around, but more for the CPU.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
ok. this sucks

While I don't disagree with your initial post, as a lot of teams are a bit too run heavy, using the Chiefs is a terrible example.

30 runs to 9 passes (1 run by Cassel, doubt it was designed).

Week 5 against the Ravens:
47 runs to 21 passes (4 runs by Cassel)

Doesn't seem too far fetched to me...especially when you don't give any context to the game. Score, quarter time, etc etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »