Home

finding the right scheme

This is a discussion on finding the right scheme within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
finding the right scheme

first off are schemes really that important for this game? and second when choosing a scheme on offense and defense, do i just pick the scheme that the majority of my players are fit for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: finding the right scheme

I'm not sure how important it is but it is fun building for a certain scheme/system.... I'm currently running a Tampa 2 defense and I'm trying to build up Lamar Houston into the next Warren Sapp by using XP and I'm scouting rookies looking for the next Derrick Brooks.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

so is there a way to view a players scheme fit when scouting? i dont understand how your building up players to fit your scheme. All I know is I'm on year 3 and my main problem is run defense. Im my hometown Buffalo Bills and i run a 4-3 base defense. My pass defense is great and my offense is really clicking but I'm currently losing faith in Marcell Dareus as I just started Rocky Bernard who i signed in free agency to line up next to Kyle Williams. My first draft I moved up in the 2nd round to draft an amazing WR who is a tall red zone threat. In my second draft I moved up in the first round to finally get my franchise QB, who is a vertical threat. I then moved my scheme to vertical offense, he clicked with my drafted WR but there was something missing. Stevie Johnson wasnt clicking with my new QB and as I looked at the news feed I saw that Julio Jones and Roddy White BOTH rejected contract renewals from the Falcons. I thought how is this possible and remembered Matt Ryan got out of town and went to Minnesota only to be replaced by Vince Young. So I then offered Stevie J and two 2nd round picks for Roddy White and they accepted. Roddy is thriving under my offense and new QB...but back to the point, i need to get my scheme straight for my defense who somehow is ranked 5th in the league, only because my pass defense is ranked 1st.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #4
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
so is there a way to view a players scheme fit when scouting?

Yup, one of the items you can unlock in scouting is scheme.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

He's the one on the right.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »