Home

most unrealistic part of the game

This is a discussion on most unrealistic part of the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: most unrealistic part of the game

my issue(sure I have a long list, but the 2 that bug me to no end)

1. CPU AI. there is no excuse here, there should be a much better a.i in place. its just sad. fortunately the last patch did AMAZING things for people who play vs cpu w/ run game. its like they removed a nightmare
2. CPU Roster Logic. I cannot STAND watching the skins/colts both let griffin/luck walk for nothing after their first contract. give me a freaking break man. that should never happen unless they play at such a low level that they earned their pink slip

too many "star" key players who move teams right off the bat year 1, 2 etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #26
Rookie

Jester7677's Arena

OVR: 1

The ability to intercept passes by the defense, as if every defender were a WR.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
My biggest problem is the lack of intentional grounding, even with it set to 100. Every time i get a pass rush and get to the quarterback he throws the ball to nobody and it kills me.

Oh and getting tackled by my own teammates, or the stupid "I'm not down yet but i don't know how too get back on my feet anymore" bull.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #28
MVP

Man after playing today, I could go on for weeks but ill keep it short...

Defenders that have (or supposed) to have no idea where the ball is at or being thrown too was joke,

defenders making hits from behind after a completion only for the pass to be incomplete and the intended WR drops the ball but you never see this happen when you're on defense at all during that particular game.

Manually controlled defenders cover ground way too fast and too much of it especially all the Troy P like safeties out their.

Anyone who's being blocked can stop a full sprinting ball carrier in his tracks while they're being blocked with no momentum at all, its just a "shed" and "tackle" animation when clearly I should have shot right by them as they were being blocked and facing me.

QBs throwing the ball under pressure, you can tell when people throw the ball out of fear of pressure as the QB is running in a manner that consist of a ball being thrown to the ground with no chance of it being caught but it does.

Defenders like LBs stride for stride with WRs like Randy Moss, Megatron, etc,etc...

Dlinemen knowing where you are running too even when you fool them into thinking you;re running left and actually cut it back to run right and they're still there to tackle you for a loss or short gain.

Over thrown balls getting picked left and right from "super Defenders" who were in their stride as they made the amazing jump catch on a ball that was clearly over thrown.

Jump balls never seem to have the defender ever get to the ball even though he has position. Seems like theirs some sort of "force field" around the intended WR when this happens as I never can make a play on the ball and once its caught, the WR turns and runs upfield with lighting fast speed...

QB playmaker needs to go, the playmakered player makes cuts and things way too fat and unreal and the defender has no time to make it to the ball or the player. Alot of people online are doing this alone as their scheme and its sickening, im almost ready to trade my copy in towards Assassins Creed 3 and Hitman.

Game needs to damn foot planting and weight put to these players, I loved the game man, but peoples hate for losing instead of learning to get better always kiils such a fun game to play when its played like a game of football!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #29
Rookie

Defensive ends shedding blocks to take own 90 rated rbs when they are clearly out of position
Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

1. If you scramble with your QB and do not slide, you will fumble at some point in the game. It doesn't matter if you cover up the ball or not, you will fumble. This will happen with Tebow or Brady since it really doesn't matter.

2. LDE or LOLB get alot more sacks than their right side counterparts. Pass rushing skills do not matter except for speed on the left side

3. Size doesn't matter on lineman interactions. Put your kicker at Left Tackle and he will finish each play standing up.

4. DBs has eyes on the back of their head. It is not as bad as before but safeties who have their backs turned and are away from the play will peel off their initial coverage within a nano second of the QB releasing the ball and make a break toward the ball.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMoody21
Anything that happens after the intro video.
^
So true and so sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #32
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

I went into a block punt formation at the 1 yard line and my opponent came out in a regular punt formation.

I didn't block the kick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »