Home

Why so many Broken Tackles

This is a discussion on Why so many Broken Tackles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Why so many Broken Tackles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I haven't had any issues with broken tackles in my CCM. I've got my Tackling at 50 and the CPU Break Tackle at 95 and their RB's consistently break about 3-4 a game.
Depending on the number of touches, I would say 4 per game is a lot.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...n-tackles-2011

Last season, McCoy broke 50 tackles on 321 touches, about 1 tackle per 6 touches. That works out to about 3 per game. He was the league leader. Some guys like Gore or Benson didn't even break one tackle every other game. They are the "fall forward" types that still gain yards while still being tackled.

So if EVERY running back is breaking 3-4 per game, that's too many.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-30-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Seriously? I play with the Jags, and MJD usually has about 10 broken tackles all season. I feel the exact opposite...
Old 10-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotendo
I remember Michael Vick breaking off two tackles at once in my CCM game for a TD.

Michael Vick breaking off two tackles at once in my CCM game

Michael Vick breaking off two tackles at once

Vick breaking off two tackles at once

Vick breaking two tackles at once

Green = A fumble prone QB who's biggest concern entering the year was staying healthy and biggest concern right now is fumbling
Pit the Panthers up against the Eagles, and Vick was rolling off of direct hits like he was a boulder.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecLeamas
Is the problem sliderable (possible to correct with a slider adjustment)?
I zero'd out both HUM / CPU BTK and TCK sliders and the "problem" went away...

(HUM) CLE Richardson has a high STR and TRK rating, but he too had 2 broken tackles on 22 attempts...

(CPU) NYG Bradshaw doesn't have the "power back" attributes, and he also broke 2 tackles on 26 attempts...

The backups had random 1 or so between them for each team and the QBs broke 0...

It looked and felt right, as well as being (as KBLover pointed out), statistically accurate...

I would assume this will continue, so it's THANKFULLY "case closed" for this guy...

Old 10-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
Banned

Sotendo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3

(HUM) CLE Richardson has a high STR and TRK rating, but he too had 2 broken tackles on 22 attempts...

(CPU) NYG Bradshaw doesn't have the "power back" attributes, and he also broke 2 tackles on 26 attempts...

The backups had random 1 or so between them for each team and the QBs broke 0...

It looked and felt right, as well as being (as KBLover pointed out), statistically accurate...

I would assume this will continue, so it's THANKFULLY "case closed" for this guy...

But there are problems with saving sliders
Old 10-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotendo
But there are problems with saving sliders
I'm on PS3 and have NO problems saving sliders outside of CCM in "My Madden" (save to your profile) or in online / offline CCM...

Online saves them automatically and offline you save them with your CCM in the "More" menu under "My Carrer" / "Save My Career" or by simply hitting the pause button, which will take you into a save CCM function...
Old 10-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
Banned

Sotendo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'm on PS3 and have NO problems saving sliders outside of CCM in "My Madden" (save to your profile) or in online / offline CCM...

Online saves them automatically and offline you save them with your CCM in the "More" menu under "My Carrer" / "Save My Career" or by simply hitting the pause button, which will take you into a save CCM function...
Thanks I will see if it works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
Rookie

AlecLeamas's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Thanks a lot. I will implement the proposed sliders in the online CCM I commission.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »