Home

Simming or playing practise sessions in Coach CCM?

This is a discussion on Simming or playing practise sessions in Coach CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #17
Rookie

koszak27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Simming or playing practise sessions in Coach CCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
but my concern reading this is that my players will develope in a much better way they actually should when im collecting so many XP with every practise.. i want it to be realistic and on abt the same pace as the cpu controlled teams. dont want to have a super team after few seasons with way better ratings than anybody else in the league. is that a reasonable concern? thats what im most worried abt..
Do a practice that gives you less XP then, or don't do any and see if you can keep up with the CPU's progression. I'm really not sure where the most realistic value is, I was just showing you how to maximize your XP from practice.

Practice is the only realistic way your 3rd stringers will gain XP since they won't see any game time. The most recent patch was also supposed to make your stats in practice give extra XP based on performance, but I have yet to see evidence that this is working.

"It is amazing how many drivers think that the brakes are for slowing the car down."
Mario Andretti

FIFA '15 Dynasty: Team of Randoms
Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
That's what I'm doing. Skipping all practices. Actually haven't even used any XP earned from games either...

Hoping the CPU keeps progressing while I'm not & starts giving me better games...
Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

there is another benefit of actually running the practice that i have found.
It allows me to practice with my team ( titans ) which is far diiferent from the regular roster and lab with my team. i usually run the full game practices even. but we usually have to wait 3 actual days for all the people to get their games in on our online franchise.

if anyone knows of another way to do this i would love to hear it LOL but it seems to be helping my younger talent alot
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 AM   #20
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Iachimoe
That's what I'm doing. Skipping all practices. Actually haven't even used any XP earned from games either...

Hoping the CPU keeps progressing while I'm not & starts giving me better games...
never was a big fan of xp based player progression.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
dont want to have a super team after few seasons with way better ratings than anybody else in the league. is that a reasonable concern? thats what im most worried abt..
Is that even possible off practice alone?

Heck, the points it costs to upgrade stuff like consistency and some of the DPP traits is sky high.

And the physical ratings? Sheez. And the development rating?

Seems like it's easier in M12 to make a 'super' team. Especially since in that game, backups can fly up without seeing the field if they are young enough, even the good prospects you find. In this system, that doesn't seem probable.

Most EXP I've gained at once so far is about 6000 - Denarius Moore had a killer game and that was his haul. Oh and somehow Janikowsi ended up with 11 K at one point. No idea. I guess he hit some goal he had. Not sure what it was 4 weeks into the season...

Last edited by KBLover; 11-20-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Is that even possible off practice alone?

Heck, the points it costs to upgrade stuff like consistency and some of the DPP traits is sky high.

And the physical ratings? Sheez. And the development rating?

Seems like it's easier in M12 to make a 'super' team. Especially since in that game, backups can fly up without seeing the field if they are young enough, even the good prospects you find. In this system, that doesn't seem probable.

I agree, M12 was stupid easy to make a "super team".

Most EXP I've gained at once so far is about 6000 - Denarius Moore had a killer game and that was his haul. Oh and somehow Janikowsi ended up with 11 K at one point. No idea. I guess he hit some goal he had. Not sure what it was 4 weeks into the season...

I agree, M12 was stupid easy to make a "super team".

As for M13 it seems that a few players progress rather quickly at times but once they hit about 78 to 80-OVR the amount of XP required for even minor upgrades goes up substantially. Vets and rookies that already have quick or superstar development traits cost more to upgrade from the start.
Another thing to keep in mind is that key upgrades are definately relevent depending on the individual players position and the most important ones can often be just out of reach the week you need them most.

I practice before every game which I agree is sometimes a P.I.A. but I have found that I can often use the different practice scenario's to focus on a particular player or players to try and gain enough XP for a certain upgrade that I feel they may need that week.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm happy with player progression as it is.
I began my Steelers CCM with a team OVR at I think 84 and after three seasons team OVR has only increased to 85 offense, still at 84 for defense with my current season [3rd] being my worst so far as I am 9-6 behind Bengals after losing no more than 4 games in the first two.
Other teams seem to be progressing nicely with quite a few surprises from rookies throughout the league.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
I skip practice. Game is too easy already. Don't need the extra XP.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #24
Rookie

parks1's Arena

OVR: 1

I am in my sixth season and practice about once maybe twice a season but I dont seem to be struggling with my player ratings.
As Dallas my team rating has gone from a starting 80 to 85 now and although I have obviously improved through the draft and trades I think my team has progressed itself quite nicely.
My first round qb Austin Duncan started as an 80, he is now in his fourth year and is an 87. He has earned plenty of Xp from games alone.
To sum up, I dont think practice is vital, it will help you out a little bit but not massively which is how it should be in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »