Home

Supersim Broke? Any help? Long Read

This is a discussion on Supersim Broke? Any help? Long Read within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Supersim Broke? Any help? Long Read

Ok I'm one of the people that has a problem with high scoring games in connected career. I'm a sim stat junkie and cant play the game with scores like that. I was playing around with supersim and seen that scores are even more inflated when you supersim.

I had a idea that might solve my scoring problems. It would be tedious but I wanna play some football. Everyone knows about changing coaches team to team to tediously control all teams. Well I thought I could do that and supersim every game with lower minutes per quarter. I could even watch the end of games although I would have to choose the plays.

I lowered the minutes to 8 and the scores were good and total plays were consistently 120 to 140. Thought I was on to something. I checked defensive and offensive stats. Defense was good but offensive . My dream came to a end. To many passes not enough run plays.

Had another idea which I thought would work. I thought about the thread about changing the playbook with a second controller. I thought if I changed the playbooks to run heavy or run balance that would cure the to many passes. I also changed the offensive scheme to power run. I supersimmed and the idea failed. This game had only 9 run plays and 57 passes with playbook run heavy and power run scheme. I advanced some weeks to see if it changed but no every time I supersimmed pass attempts were in between 45 and 60 every game with the run heavy playbook. Running plays never got over 20 usually around 15 attempts.

Last idea I had. Instead of changing into a active coach I chose to create a coach and put his run/pass slider to 99 run and 99 conservative. Scheme power run. I know sliders don't work for simming but I maxed out run block.
Started the game with the second controller and put both teams playbook on run heavy. Supersimmed and my team stats were 59 passes 13 running plays. I had power run scheme, run heavy playbook and 99 run to pass ratio with a created coach.

I tried everything. I advanced half the season to see if it changed and it didn't. I tried play clock. I tried game flow. Everything. If someone has a solution please let me know. This is ridiculous. Why wouldn't run/pass ratio work with supersim? EA Wish they would try to fix these high scoring games instead of making some of us try to solve a puzzle. Its a game I purchased why should I have to brainstorm to try to get it to work properly.

Last edited by haloofduty; 10-22-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Slayer525's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Supersim Broke? Any help? Long Read

I would love to hear a solution to this as well. I play a RB connected careers and just finished a game where there was only 4 run plays in total for the other team. I play on 9 minute quarters on all-madden. Im getting so frustrated with this game still i dont know if i want to play it anymore.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

I made this thread the other day and no one replied. I guess no one notices. I'm playing mine on coach so I guess it happens when you choose player also. sad
Old 10-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I've kind of noticed this the other day, too. I will supersim with eight minute quarters. The QB will have close to 30 passing attempts and the running back will have close to 10 rushing attempts. I think a 2-to-1 ratio isn't too much to ask.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This has become an issue that kills the fun for me, and has caused me to put the controller down. Anyway, my main issue has to do with the acceralted clock not working when you simply in a player ccm. Totally kills the stats.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Last edited by CFav; 10-27-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

The op did not say what team he is using.I have the same problem when simming.In one project,I'm the packers as a power run team,but I have simmed games using the run heavy book and still they passed 50 times and ran 10.I wonder if the game does not see when team schemes/tendencies change.Abot the coaching sliders.The run/pass slider is not ratio.It determines how the cpu D plays you.If you chooose 60/40 leaning towards run,you will/should have a little easier time running,as they won't load the box as much.But when you pass,they will come after you hard.Reverse this for leaning towards pass.The aggression slider works like a master performance control.Everybody does their job,including on screens****nning rb's also have way better balance and don't fold when breathed on.Got off topic a bit there,sorry.Like I said the game see's a pass happy team as a pass happy team,no matter the book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »