Home

CCM Progression strategy

This is a discussion on CCM Progression strategy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Easiest thing to boost is awareness
Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CCM Progression strategy

ive noticed that some positions AWR upgrades are more pricey than others... the main ones i noticed being higher are WR and CB. I havent really looked into it too much but it seems like they take a bit longer to upgrade/ get more expensive at lower stat values.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Anyone had a lot of success boosting AWR pretty quickly?
It is the easiest attribute to boost. Heck I took Brian Quick from his miserable level of Awareness too 75 awareness in 11 weeks (while also increasing other stats). The key being that if a player has LOW awareness he has to have HIGH physical and skill based stats. Aka I would never have taken on Quick at all if he didn't have a high Spec Catch rating or good size. I will take the athletic idiot over the inept genius any day- because the potential of the athlete is higher then that of the genius (given the cost of attributes). With 20k xp I can raise a player's speed once, but I can raise his awareness 7-10 times....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Its a balance. Can't have a bunch of high AWR awful atheletes, or brain dead amazing atheletes. One or two is ok, but it can get out of hand.

I generally look for high physical ratings and good developement on players that I user. Usering them negates AWR and PRC, as long as you play them. Great for racking up EXP, and can turn guys into superstars.

For guys I'm never going to user I make sure they have decent awareness. If you don't user the dumb guys they don't make plays, if they don't make plays they don't progress.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
Pro

Consistensy is what i spend most points on than once they are level 3 or 4 i spending it on next week area that is specific for the position or their playing style.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
Rookie

I only boost the awareness of my defensive players. The reason is because the AI controlling them actually affects the game. I try to get everyone on my defense to mid 70's or 80's awareness at the least. I put a lot into my LB's zone coverage since I run a lot of zone, and a lot into my FS/SS man coverage for when I want to blitz/man.

Low AWR QBs, WR, and RBs don't really affect the game much since you are controlling them when they have the ball. I focus on throwing attributes for QB. I focus on Carrying for RB's initially to make sure they aren't fumbling in key situations(everyone hit sticks in my league) then I work on elusiveness, stiff arm, etc(low carrying with high tackle breaking will lead to you breaking one tackle and fumbling on the second hit). WR's is route running, catching, catch in traffic.

I also boost my OL AWR some too. I don't want them letting blitzers run right by them. Then I mainly focus on Pass blocking since I pass a lot.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

You guys have a great ideas. Thanks for the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
Rookie

My progression method by importance:
1) Skills like pass rush moves and high motor
2) skills a player is bad at and are important
3) Consistency
4) whatever I feel like.

I tend to favor athletes over anybody else because of how expensive those stats are. A guy with +5 speed basically got a free 50,000+ points

Although I haven't had good sim seasons (for some damned reason) all my players are >>>opponents

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »