Home

Does the accelerated clock work right?

This is a discussion on Does the accelerated clock work right? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Does the accelerated clock work right?

The accelerated clock does work right, but NOT during Super Sim. When you Super Sim, offenses appear to be a in an extreme hurry up, getting off a play every 8-10 seconds.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat
The accelerated clock does work right, but NOT during Super Sim. When you Super Sim, offenses appear to be a in an extreme hurry up, getting off a play every 8-10 seconds.
Maybe I don't understand what the accelerated clock is supposed to be doing. Let's say I select minimum play clock time of 20 seconds. What does that mean?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Maybe I don't understand what the accelerated clock is supposed to be doing. Let's say I select minimum play clock time of 20 seconds. What does that mean?
It runs the play clock down to whatever you have it set at ... once you've called your play.

So if you have it set at 20, it runs the play clock down to 20. Most people don't take long to call their play. But if you take longer to call your play, you'll likely not notice the accelerated clock.

For example: play ends, the play clock starts counting down from 40. With 32 seconds left, you call your play. It will now run off 12 seconds, leaving you 20 seconds to survey the defense, make audibles and snap the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
It runs the play clock down to whatever you have it set at ... once you've called your play.

So if you have it set at 20, it runs the play clock down to 20. Most people don't take long to call their play. But if you take longer to call your play, you'll likely not notice the accelerated clock.

For example: play ends, the play clock starts counting down from 40. With 32 seconds left, you call your play. It will now run off 12 seconds, leaving you 20 seconds to survey the defense, make audibles and snap the ball.
So you should always be left with whatever you chose, 15, 20, 25 seconds after selecting a play?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
So you should always be left with whatever you chose, 15, 20, 25 seconds after selecting a play?

Yes. Unless the play clock is already lower than that when you call the play, in which case it doesn't haven't any effect.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushdown
Yes. Unless the play clock is already lower than that when you call the play, in which case it doesn't haven't any effect.
Let's say I choose 25 seconds. What scenario would leave me with less than 25 seconds to choose a play?
Old 10-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Let's say I choose 25 seconds. What scenario would leave me with less than 25 seconds to choose a play?

1) You taking your time when selecting a play
2) Calling a play after a change of possession or penalty, where the play clock starts at 25 anyway
etc etc

All it's doing is this: "If time on play clock is more than X when play is called, play clock then runs down to X".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

What Rushdown said.

For most people, it doesn't take long to select a play on Madden. The accelerated clock is just a way to run off time to simulate the time it takes a real NFL team to call a play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »