Home

XP Boost Packages

This is a discussion on XP Boost Packages within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
XP Boost Packages

Hi all,

Does anyone know who gets the benefit from a side specific boost package? For example, if I buy the RG XP Boost does the benefit go to all players whose position is listed as RG or to all players who are listed at RG on the depth chart?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Banned

throckmeisterz's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: XP Boost Packages

I believe it only applies to those who are listed at that position, not depth chart. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense that the LT package costs a ton more xp than the RT package. I have been wondering for a while what the exact amount of boosting is. I haven't noticed a clearly discernible difference before and after boosting a position's xp, but then I haven't done any actual experiments. I'm not sure exactly how one would go about finding this out, but I may have to look into this unless someone already knows the answer. to do it right, I may have to give a player the exact same stats two games in a row, while simultaneously getting the same weekly goals and milestones...
Old 10-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Actually, I think it may be broken. I remember one guy in my online CC complaining about spending money on the SS XP boost and Eric Berry not getting any more points than normal.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Actually, I think it may be broken. I remember one guy in my online CC complaining about spending money on the SS XP boost and Eric Berry not getting any more points than normal.
It works, but I think there may be a cap for weekly xp, ~1250 or so, i think Berry is already superstar dev so his weeklies are already 1k, its most notable on players who are avg or quick development, typically raises the xp gained by about 25% for weekly goals.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

i thought the boost packages were only for the season goals and the milestones. not for player performance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Rookie

XP for weekly goals increases by 25%. In the description it also says it's supposed to boost season goals XP but I've never seen a change in what is displayed as the XP for season goals.
IMO, it's best to purchase for positions in which you have multiple players (WR, CB, DT, HB) to get the most bang for your buck. CB and DT(assuming you use more than 1 DT) are probably the best value since players at those positions get team based weekly goals whereas it can be difficult to get individual goals for multiple players at the same position like WRs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »