Home

CPU not signing Qbs?

This is a discussion on CPU not signing Qbs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4
CPU not signing Qbs?

This may be a common glitch, but I have searched on the forums and even googled it but haven't seen anything discussed about this problem. There again, it might just be something I'm experiencing.

I'm really enjoying the game (1st Madden I've bought in years) and am trying to stay away from all the "this game is bad because..." threads because I just want to enjoy it without knowing all the things that could ruin it. However, I have noticed this issue and want to know if there's a setting or way to fix it.

I'm a player (QB) in an offline CCM. I started undrafted so I've been having to practice just to move it. After my 2nd year of sitting the bench for the Cardinals, I requested a release so I could find a team where I'd have a chance to start. As I was flipping through the depth charts to see where I'd like to go, I noticed that a lot of teams only had 2 QBs on their roster and some only had 1. This was only the offseason so I figured they'd sign backup QBs, but after finding a team, going through the preseason, and then starting the season (my 3rd season in CCM), some teams still only have 1 to 2 QBs. I can live with teams having only 2 QBs, but teams only having 1 QB and having their Punters and Kickers coming in during the end of games or when the starter gets hurt is about unacceptable.

Off the top of my head, about 5 teams have only 1 QB and around 6-7 have only 2. I remember the Bears ONLY having Cutler on their roster and the Jaguars ONLY having Gabbert (those are the ones I remember but there are more). The CPU might not be filling out the other positions too, but with me being a player QB and looking for a team to go to, I only looked at the QB depth on different teams.

Is this a common known problem? If it is, is there a way to circumvent it. I really hope there's a way to get the CPU to sign backup QBs, because I really like the game thus far and would hate this to spoil it for me. Thanks.

Last edited by CurryStorm; 10-25-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
This may be a common glitch, but I have searched on the forums and even googled it but haven't seen anything discussed about this problem. There again, it might just be something I'm experiencing.

I'm really enjoying the game (1st Madden I've bought in years) and am trying to stay away from all the "this game is bad because..." threads because I just want to enjoy it without knowing all the things that could ruin it. However, I have noticed this issue and want to know if there's a setting or way to fix it.

I'm a player (QB) in an offline CCM. I started undrafted so I've been having to practice just to move it. After my 2nd year of sitting the bench for the Cardinals, I requested a release so I could find a team where I'd have a chance to start. As I was flipping through the depth charts to see where I'd like to go, I noticed that a lot of teams only had 2 QBs on their roster and some only had 1. This was only the offseason so I figured they'd sign backup QBs, but after finding a team, going through the preseason, and then starting the season (my 3rd season in CCM), some teams still only have 1 to 2 QBs. I can live with teams having only 2 QBs, but teams only having 1 QB and having their Punters and Kickers coming in during the end of games or when the starter gets hurt is about unacceptable.

Off the top of my head, about 5 teams have only 1 QB and around 6-7 have only 2. I remember the Bears ONLY having Cutler on their roster and the Jaguars ONLY having Gabbert (those are the ones I remember but there are more). The CPU might not be filling out the other positions too, but with me being a player QB and looking for a team to go to, I only looked at the QB depth on different teams.

Is this a common known problem? If it is, is there a way to circumvent it. I really hope there's a way to get the CPU to sign backup QBs, because I really like the game thus far and would hate this to spoil it for me. Thanks.
Yep its an issue. Luckily qbs never get hurt. Sux during preseason though.

From my fingers to your eyes using Tapatalk...
Old 10-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CPU not signing Qbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Yep its an issue. Luckily qbs never get hurt. Sux during preseason though.

Thanks for the info. Well, that sucks. Actually, when I was on the Cardinals, Skelton was hurt for a total of about 8 games over the 2 years I was there. Guess I'll just have to forget about it, play the game and try not to pay attention to a bunch of kickers and punters being 2nd string QBs.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

week 1 I play my game, then I switch over to every other team, and go to the "re-signings" page, and just re-sign a backup QB to a 6 year deal myself. it sucks that we must do this, but its the one time you can swap control without consequence while still being able to sign whoever you want long term. ive started doing this for starting qb's like luck and rgIII as well

I wish this game had the logic HC 09 had, I can only hope they add playbook knowledge and somehow it makes the difference with this type of stuff. this is gamebreaking to me. I play the steelers in the preseason, IF they still have big ben(saints already moved on from brees to vince young after year 1) the backup is some 62 overall rookie qb. just sad.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
week 1 I play my game, then I switch over to every other team, and go to the "re-signings" page, and just re-sign a backup QB to a 6 year deal myself. it sucks that we must do this, but its the one time you can swap control without consequence while still being able to sign whoever you want long term. ive started doing this for starting qb's like luck and rgIII as well

I wish this game had the logic HC 09 had, I can only hope they add playbook knowledge and somehow it makes the difference with this type of stuff. this is gamebreaking to me. I play the steelers in the preseason, IF they still have big ben(saints already moved on from brees to vince young after year 1) the backup is some 62 overall rookie qb. just sad.
Can you do this without making every team's head coach retire? How? I thought you had to retire (if you're playing as a coach) in order to control a new one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
Thanks for the info. Well, that sucks. Actually, when I was on the Cardinals, Skelton was hurt for a total of about 8 games over the 2 years I was there. Guess I'll just have to forget about it, play the game and try not to pay attention to a bunch of kickers and punters being 2nd string QBs.
I play offline. But I haven't seen one in 5+ years.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I play offline. But I haven't seen one in 5+ years.

For the first time in 3 years I bought Madden and am enjoying the gameplay overall. However, this whole QBs not getting injured thing is ridiculous. How did they screw this up? Also as stated previous way too many franchise QBs are allowed to just walk. It kills the realism and I actually put this game down for about a month because of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »