Home

O/D Scheme -- Weekly Goals?

This is a discussion on O/D Scheme -- Weekly Goals? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
O/D Scheme -- Weekly Goals?

Hey everyone! Just curious if anyone knows what effects your created coach's weekly goals. I noticed I changed scheme's, and after advancing the week, the weekly goals were different.

Does anyone know what goals go for which schemes? Or has anyone else noticed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: O/D Scheme -- Weekly Goals?

I'm playing offline, and I can't get the weekly goals to change. It's frustrating, because I'm coaching the Seahawks and all my goals are pass-oriented.

If I create an online league, goals change based on scheme, but I haven't charted out how they match up.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksruleva
I'm playing offline, and I can't get the weekly goals to change. It's frustrating, because I'm coaching the Seahawks and all my goals are pass-oriented.

If I create an online league, goals change based on scheme, but I haven't charted out how they match up.

ya i agree its really annoying it doesnt function in offline careers.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hadn't even looked at most of my guys' weekly goals, but noticed the same problem with the yearly ones.

Wow, that's a bummer it doesn't work in offline. I was wondering why my created coach that I gave a Zone Run offensive scheme(took over the Jags to rebuild) had all of its offensive linemen except for 1 or 2 have passing related goals. Figured it'd correct in the offseason, but nope.

I'd really like EA to get more realistic about the goals, as well. WR2s, slot receivers, and TEs should not all be expected to get 80-100 receptions with the WR1 also snagging 110. 4800 passing yards in a zone running offense for the QB? Goofy. I realize it shouldn't be possible for every player on your team to hit their yearly goal, but it should be possible to nail reception goals for multiple pass catchers, rather than essentially having to put up unrealistic numbers and/or force feed 2 guys at the expense of others, essentially taking away incentive to spread the ball around.

It'd be great if the goals became progressive, as in rookie backup RBs might not be looking at 600 rushing yards when the RB1 is getting 1500, etc., but perhaps with time and rating increase, the goals increase accordingly, but still within the bounds of high but realistic expectations.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
I hadn't even looked at most of my guys' weekly goals, but noticed the same problem with the yearly ones.

Wow, that's a bummer it doesn't work in offline. I was wondering why my created coach that I gave a Zone Run offensive scheme(took over the Jags to rebuild) had all of its offensive linemen except for 1 or 2 have passing related goals. Figured it'd correct in the offseason, but nope.

I'd really like EA to get more realistic about the goals, as well. WR2s, slot receivers, and TEs should not all be expected to get 80-100 receptions with the WR1 also snagging 110. 4800 passing yards in a zone running offense for the QB? Goofy. I realize it shouldn't be possible for every player on your team to hit their yearly goal, but it should be possible to nail reception goals for multiple pass catchers, rather than essentially having to put up unrealistic numbers and/or force feed 2 guys at the expense of others, essentially taking away incentive to spread the ball around.

It'd be great if the goals became progressive, as in rookie backup RBs might not be looking at 600 rushing yards when the RB1 is getting 1500, etc., but perhaps with time and rating increase, the goals increase accordingly, but still within the bounds of high but realistic expectations.
They are progressive. All of the guys I have drafted have much lower season goals than my veterans.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »