Home

Where do you hope the I.E is heading in the future?

This is a discussion on Where do you hope the I.E is heading in the future? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Where do you hope the I.E is heading in the future?

The first year of the infinity engine is what most people expected. Its a good start but has a long way to go. What do you hope to see from the engine as it evolves?

For me:

-real time ball physics
-wr/db physics
- removal of animations playing out even when there is only one player involved(at times it a defender will engage in a tackle animation and look like he is wrapping up an invisible player)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
Banned

Sotendo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Where do you hope the I.E is heading in the future?

I don't know, I didn't think it was a good start, rather just good of EA to implement it. But to answer your question, they should improve the realism of the tackles, add ball physics, real time animations for WR's and DB's, and make running into blockers and falling back stop, etc.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotendo
I don't know, I didn't think it was a good start, rather just good of EA to implement it. But to answer your question, they should improve the realism of the tackles, add ball physics, real time animations for WR's and DB's, and make running into blockers and falling back stop, etc.
Add to all this, stop the bowling pin effect. It's hilarious seeing players fall over each other after a play is over. I know it happens sometimes in real life, but it's ridiculous in Madden 13.

- Michael Jordan
Old 11-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

i cant get Gore decent yards because he keeps getting smashed backwards as he barely touches his own oline or fb ...
Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
I am hoping to see physics based injuries and fatigue in the next few years (probably next gen), as well as a physics based nagging injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I want MOMENTUM involved in the physics!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm still sticking with RTP does not belong in a football. How can you want body parts to react according to the contact, but then don't want your player bouncing off his lineman the way he does. You cant have both ways.

RTP takes away allot from the game. You lose more than what you gain by using RTP.

I hope they dropped the IE and go back to scripted animations or what ever the term is to describe what was used in the past by all football games.

BB and Madden 13 only show off RTP with hits, but that is it. It needs to go.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I'm still sticking with RTP does not belong in a football. How can you want body parts to react according to the contact, but then don't want your player bouncing off his lineman the way he does. You cant have both ways.
Depends by the contact. I mean, if he runs full on and hits the OL, he might bounce off somewhat (though the human body isn't a rubber ball and pads absorb some too).

If he's chop-stepping, keeping his legs moving, but not moving full speed ahead because he's looking for a hole, and he runs into a lineman, he probably wouldn't 'bounce' off all that much and he wouldn't always fall down.

I think the problem in Madden is partly that players don't ever "half speed", so to speak, but are always going next max speed. A lot of football is the players not going at or near their top speed.

I mean, we've all seen HBs "run to darkness" and "get stuck" (i.e. they don't bounce back/get knocked back, etc). QB sneaks would be interesting, that's for sure, if guys in real life "bounced around" because they made contact with each other. There's just not enough momentum involved to make that kind of reaction happen on a play like that or a scrum at the LOS that the HB runs into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
RTP takes away allot from the game. You lose more than what you gain by using RTP.
I think the problem is there's not much (any?) of the other things that happen in real life, like players stumbling but still keeping balance, or players "in the grasp" but still fighting and churning forward (not like the pro-tak moments where the player breaks away clean but the legs keep driving and the players picks up a few more yards until/unless a defender can finish the tackle). The hand-fighting and punches thrown in the trenches, changes in direction, etc, all of which is governed by physics in real life (since...that's all there is).

I don't think it's the addition of physics, per se, but there are a LOT of other considerations at work as well, including player behavior and decision-making, that impact the "inputs" that are used to 'render the physics' in real life. If EA doesn't capture those things as well, then, I agree, RTP won't solve things, but I think it's not just because RTP is more of problem than a possible evolution.

That said, I believe the decision-making/player behavior should be addressed first. Get the players playing football right, then use the physics to augment everything else to make it even more real, dynamic, and impacting.

Last edited by KBLover; 11-02-2012 at 12:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »