Home

Trade Back in the draft????

This is a discussion on Trade Back in the draft???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Trade Back in the draft????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
Yeah, and I hate that. I should be able to ask for a trade if there isn't one. I've had first rounders and bo offers. Really? So even if I'd take a 7th, none of the 31 teams would jump on it?
Uh... why? If none of the teams wanted to trade up to your pick, none of the teams wanted to trade up to your pick. Just deal with it and move on.

I understand that you want to get certain draft picks, but it really isn't difficult to trade during the season or immediately before the draft for the picks you want. I've had drafts where I had 10 picks due to pre-draft trading, 3 first rounders, 3 second rounders, 2 thirds a 4th and a 5th. I've heard of people who have only first round picks in a draft (with 5+ picks). I had trades offered for probably 5/10 picks. If a draft doesn't go quite the way you want it then too bad, that's how it goes.

Trade for the draft picks you want, being passive and expecting everything to come to you is lazy and won't work 100% of the time.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempseylicious23
Uh... why? If none of the teams wanted to trade up to your pick, none of the teams wanted to trade up to your pick. Just deal with it and move on.

I understand that you want to get certain draft picks, but it really isn't difficult to trade during the season or immediately before the draft for the picks you want. I've had drafts where I had 10 picks due to pre-draft trading, 3 first rounders, 3 second rounders, 2 thirds a 4th and a 5th. I've heard of people who have only first round picks in a draft (with 5+ picks). I had trades offered for probably 5/10 picks. If a draft doesn't go quite the way you want it then too bad, that's how it goes.

Trade for the draft picks you want, being passive and expecting everything to come to you is lazy and won't work 100% of the time.

You didn't understand anything I said and need to re-read it.

My drafts go better than I want, I have too many picks and CAN'T GIVE THEM AWAY.

I shouldn't BE FORCED to make a first round pick IF I DON'T WANT TO. Now I'm stuck with a 4 or so year contract that has a penalty if I release a player. They don't even give you a choice to NOT sign a drafted player. Don't even try to act like no team has an offer for me. If I'd settle for a 7th, someone would take it. Just stupid to even put it the way that you did.

Hopefully now you get it. Has nothing to do with being lazy or passive as you so wrongly put it.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

My drafts go better than I want, I have too many picks and CAN'T GIVE THEM AWAY.

I shouldn't BE FORCED to make a first round pick IF I DON'T WANT TO. Now I'm stuck with a 4 or so year contract that has a penalty if I release a player. They don't even give you a choice to NOT sign a drafted player. Don't even try to act like no team has an offer for me. If I'd settle for a 7th, someone would take it. Just stupid to even put it the way that you did.

Hopefully now you get it. Has nothing to do with being lazy or passive as you so wrongly put it.
Just because you are willing to take a 7th rounder doesn't mean the CPU should jump at the chance to trade up for your pick. Maybe they don't want to be saddled with the 4 yr contract of an available player just like you. Reread what you wrote and you'll see why the CPU doesn't always want to trade up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

Once you get a few years you'll see some teams end up with like 2-3 picks for a draft and they are in the 4th round and back. Yeah, a 4-12 team doesn't want a 1st rounder to help them.

You can't tell me there is no interest, that argument has no weight. I don't have interest because I already picked my first rounder(s) and don't need 3 more or so.

For some teams, yeah no interest. Out of 31 no interest, or I can't even ask for one? No.

Last edited by BTownSlinger; 10-29-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: Trade Back in the draft????

lets face it, 98% of trades involving picks happen during the draft...so arguing you should do them during the season doesn't make much sense. You need to know whats available, who's slipping, are your top targets off the board already etc etc...thats the fun of draft day, out maneuvering your competition. I certainly don't take advantage of the CPU and stock up on picks before the draft.

so I can understand the frustration of not being able to instigate trades during the draft, you think those phones are incoming-only in team's war rooms? there isnt a team in the league that wouldn't trade a 7th for any higher pick...now that rookie salary scales are in place. hopefully this is fixed next year. to me, at least there is trading, last year no teams would trade no matter how lopsided you made it..was frustrating. just another issue to add to the ever growing madden fix list...
Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

I understood everything you said and have no intention of re-reading it, I think it is you that should take your own hint.

I didn't say that your drafts are going too poorly, I just said it's extremely easy to manipulate the draft any way you want to. You managed to manipulate it so that you have far too many first round picks and run into situations where you don't actually want to draft someone in the first round.

If you have stockpiled a mess of first rounders, and no one wants to trade with you, tough luck, your fault. You SHOULD be forced to pick a first rounder if you have a first round pick and no one wants to trade for it. If your drafts are going "too well" as you put it, it should be so easy to adjust and not allow that to happen.

To me it honestly just sounds like you want even more ways to manipulate and game the system. That's why I have no sympathy for people like you. Everything is already in place for you to manipulate the draft, trades, all sorts of things in this game. If you're drafts are going "too well", then just trade away those first round picks BEFORE the draft. Wow, not rocket science, works every time. There shouldn't be an "Oops I messed up let's fix this in my favor" button every time you screw yourself.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
lets face it, 98% of trades involving picks happen during the draft...so arguing you should do them during the season doesn't make much sense. You need to know whats available, who's slipping, are your top targets off the board already etc etc...thats the fun of draft day, out maneuvering your competition. I certainly don't take advantage of the CPU and stock up on picks before the draft.

so I can understand the frustration of not being able to instigate trades during the draft, you think those phones are incoming-only in team's war rooms? there isnt a team in the league that wouldn't trade a 7th for any higher pick...now that rookie salary scales are in place. hopefully this is fixed next year. to me, at least there is trading, last year no teams would trade no matter how lopsided you made it..was frustrating. just another issue to add to the ever growing madden fix list...
Sure the phones aren't incoming only, but you really think any trade down situations are honestly instigated by the team with the pick? I like how you conveniently pull an immensely unrealistic made up (98%) statistic to try and make your point, then suggest that something unrealistic should be implemented.

Logic breakdown much? I could easily say, "Let's be honest, 98% of instances where one team trades down a pick in the draft are initiated by the team trading up for the better pick," but that doesn't make it true.

What should be allowed is putting draft picks up on the trading block or a separate trade up/down system specifically designed for the draft. That way, you could place your pick on the draft and indicate that you have high interest in another team's pick. Let's say you have the #4 pick and you would be fine with the #6 pick so you put the #4 pick up on the block and put the #6 pick up on a "high interest" block that increases the chances that team will make an offer for your draft pick during the draft. That would make a lot more sense than another option that just allows you to dump a first rounder for a late round pick to avoid big contract signings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

You're still missing it. I don't agree with you, and you come across nasty in your replies. Don't do it anymore.

Belichick usually trades back all the time.

The 1st for a 7th was just an example. No different than your 4th for a 6th suggstion.

Last edited by BTownSlinger; 10-29-2012 at 08:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »