Home

Purple Zone stock plays????

This is a discussion on Purple Zone stock plays???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Purple Zone stock plays????

Is it just me or are there close to no stock plays in the base 43, 34, nickel and dime formations that have defenders dropping into the Curl to Flat/Buzz Zone/Purple Zone????

Or is there a list of these plays or maybe we could paste one together? With the Curl/Flat one of the money plays, generally, would be nice to maybe have a quick list of which playbooks have a good set?

Some people, as myself, do not have the quick stick skills to make all my needed adjustments pre-snap....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Purple Zone stock plays????

Cover 4 is the only one I remember seeing other than some blitz plays.

I run a lot of man and will manually put a safety or sometimes both safetys in the buzz zone.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I can recall about 5-6 off the top of my head that use the purple zone. A list of plays probably won't be found but I do have some Facebook App that has pictures of every play in the game.

I don't remember how I got it but if you google Madden NFL 13 playbook it may come up.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I agree with the OP here. For every play that has a LB or Safety covering the flats(light blue one), there should be another variation of that play that has the same players covering the curl flats (purple zone). This would be a lot better for long yardage situations and would expand the defensive playbook exponentially.

Last edited by splff3000; 10-31-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been focused on other things, so the past mentions of the "purple zone" have yet to get my full attention...

What's good / bad about it?

Is there a glitch regarding it?

Works too well / not at all / etc?

USER / CPU / ???

Thanks!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

have at it

these are just a few of my favs, especially these "rolling" coverages which are just great against short passes/quick hitting passes, very underrated plays imo, shutting down curl/flat combo abusers never been so easy
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...

Last edited by frankrizzo380; 10-31-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I've been focused on other things, so the past mentions of the "purple zone" have yet to get my full attention...

What's good / bad about it?

Is there a glitch regarding it?

Works too well / not at all / etc?

USER / CPU / ???

Thanks!!!

It is my understanding that the purple zone is the better zone for covering the curl....So far the Curl/Flat patterns are one of the popular, consistently effective play route combos....So at the very least it seems that while on defense one should at least put a purple zone up on the play side....

And for slow people like me, to cycle to the player I want to put in a purple, plus doing the necessary line adjustments, it is a great disdvantage against even the slowest paced offenses.....And unlike real life, Calling adjustments in game is not like calling them out verbally....
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

please correct me as im probably wrong given im a brit. purple is also responsible for flat if no receiver enters the purple?
id like the option to audible either olbs/mlbs seperately. as i use 3-4 sometimes id want olbs to drop purple and mlbs go man or hook; or olbs to flat mlbs to purple when the opposition needs to stop the clock.
what id really love is a non quarter deep, cover 3 man under (not tampa 2). say for example from 2-3-6 where fs/ss1/ss2 cover 3 deep, 3 cbs cover man, and only 2 on the line (say des) 3 lbs behind, and in my case mlb1/mlb2/rolb (as better voverage) who can either man/spy or zone underneath.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »