Home

More new plays

This is a discussion on More new plays within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
More new plays

Here is a run play from MNF I would like to see in Madden 14:

We begin with an Dual HB unbalanced formation
Spoiler

Our X Receiver will come in motion before the snap. After the snap, I belvie this is, or could be some kind of triple option. FB Hand Off, HB Toss, or QB scramble with two lead blockers. Even a potential Play Fake Bootleg pass.

Spoiler

The reason I think this is less of an option and just more of a designed run, is that the QB can't see the edge defender. This is more of just a new look to show the defense. One play of many possible options to keep the D honest. #94 for Arizona has to worry about containment of the sweep. This is also where Madden has problems, as the AI knows the play. It will just attack the FB dive and not respect the pitch, ever. True Read and React AI is needed.

Spoiler

Here is the other view a few frames later. We notice HB - K. Hunter running the play fake by opening his arms to potentially receive the football.

Spoiler

Finally we see the 49ers O-Line create a crease, albeit small, for Frank Gore to take advantage of, and that's all he needs. I also notice that Alex Smith has an option to keep the ball himself and he could potentially roll out and throw, or even have a QB keeper with two lead blockers in front of him. Don't be surprised to see a play like this in the playoffs... much like in the NO @ SF Divisional game last year.

I just love looking at game film and talking about plays. When I play Madden, I try to be as sim as possible, and I love calling these kinds of plays. Having a playbook with the FB dive, HB Toss, QB Keeper, Bootleg pass... on top of other potential plays out of this look. I really hope to see this in next years game.

If you like this break down, let me know and I will continue to try to bring more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Re: More new plays

Here is a play that doesn't work because of good defensive play and/or a missed block, depending on your point of view.

In our first picture, ESPN drew up the art. The RG #75 is responsible for the defender #94 as a pulling guard.
Spoiler

In the next two pictures we see he play develop. We watch as #94 does not fall for the strong side run and keep true to his back side containment, getting deeper into the backfield than the 49ers wanted because he is unblocked at the line.

Spoiler

Spoiler

In these next two pictures we see that because the RG never laid a finger on #94, the HB didn't have a chance. However, had that block/seal been made, it likely would have been a TD.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Maybe the paly needs to be re-drawn up and have the TE block down on the defender? Maybe it was just really good defensive play. Maybe the RG needs to run faster and pull better. I like the idea, but it's too bad it didn't work this time [at least for 49ers fans.]
Old 10-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Not sure if this will be of much help in your quest, but the St. Louis Rams have a Tackle Over Formation....I believe it is under the I-Form package....Might be worth looking at.....
Old 10-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Not sure if this will be of much help in your quest, but the St. Louis Rams have a Tackle Over Formation....I believe it is under the I-Form package....Might be worth looking at.....
Actually, the Bill Walsh book has the closest thing to it

However, in Madden there aren't any complementary plays to go with it. There is no play where you fake the FB and do a HB toss like these:

In order to be able to send the X receiver in motion like that, you have to have someone on the LoS on that side of the field, like they have Vernon Davis.

Imagine the unbalanced look, but the receiver on the left side, not the right, and not a jumbo package. Add in a potential play action bootleg, and you have something.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Great post. I love seeing post about playbooks. The 49ers are very creative with their offense and it would be cool to see some of their plays in Madden next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

There should be motion on 92% of the redskins plays out of the shot-gun in Madden 14. The funny thing is EA has has access to all the coaches film from the NFL. Outside of manpower there is no reason to not have more "realistic" playbooks. Obviously, you can't put every play teams run, because you could just play madden as an NFL coach to scout a teams offense/defense. But that doesn't mean the concepts shouldn't be there. I would love to see even more plays in the playbooks than we have now.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
There should be motion on 92% of the redskins plays out of the shot-gun in Madden 14. The funny thing is EA has has access to all the coaches film from the NFL. Outside of manpower there is no reason to not have more "realistic" playbooks. Obviously, you can't put every play teams run, because you could just play madden as an NFL coach to scout a teams offense/defense. But that doesn't mean the concepts shouldn't be there. I would love to see even more plays in the playbooks than we have now.
Agreed!
Does anyone know if we can create any custom Pistol Formations
I like this formation.

Here are some Zone Read, PA, and Bootleg(Pistol) plays that the Redskins run.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...hybrid-offense
Old 10-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
This shouldn't even hold Ea up. Every team has access to all the film anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »