Home

Will the Infinity Engine be in madden 14?

This is a discussion on Will the Infinity Engine be in madden 14? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Will the Infinity Engine be in madden 14?

They have to. I mean they don't "have to." But what good is it to go back now? It'd be a waste to have all the development go into it, and then cancel the next year. That's a waste IMO.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't care if they advertise IE 2.0 or not, as long as they keep building and improving on it.
This is the 1st yr w/ it and some refinements are expected(ie. arms bending back behind them w/ the ball, tripping ackwardly over eachother)
They need to keep this moving forward, as others have stated.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

Besides adding it to OL DL i really wanna see then add physics to the ball itself and receiver db interaction. As it is now when i throw a pass the result is who ever is closest to the ball indicator and plays the better catch animation gets the ball. If i have a guy like antonio gates i want to be able to box out my defender. If i have vjax i want him to go way up and snag the ball. If i have champ bailey or ed reed i want to see them fight to get around the receiver to break up the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 AM   #12
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I just want to see true OL/DL and WR/DB interaction. I wanna see strength, power and finesse/pass rush moves mean something and for goodness sake I wanna see pass interferences. If implemented correctly IE can accomplish all these things.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0
Personally don't care what they bill it as... As long as they keep building on it. With a physics based engine in the game they can begin to work on player interactions across the line.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

i hope it stays I could never go back to the old scripted animations

does anyone know if it will be in NCAA14?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

It will be there. Hopefully it continues to evolve as well like it has in the NHL series, and apparently the Fifa series(I can't say, as I dont play it). It has to keep evolving though. The ability is there for them to improve everything with it, not just tackling. It's time they use weight and momentum, and a players agility rating to affect their running, and cutting, and juking abilities, implement some form of ball physics, better interactions between OL/DL. It has to happen, to take it out would be viewed by the industry as a step backwards for the franchise, and it would be a ton of negative publicity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Just look at the evolution of FIFA's physics engine. I hate the term, but this is all a part of EA's new "Three year plan"...
Does that mean I need to come back for M15 instead of M14?

But, yeah, I think it's hard for them to go back - not only for the investment they made, but the statement that would make to the gaming community.

Of course, there is the whole "take it out until it's working" they could fall back on :P but if they did that...I don't think I want to see this place come next year LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »