Home

Progressing LB's?

This is a discussion on Progressing LB's? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4
Progressing LB's?

Anyone having a hard time progessing their linebackers? I play on 7 min qtrs. and with no clock acceleration. Each team gets about 55 plays each game.

My linebackers just dont make many tackles, they each average about 3 tackles a games. Since most of their progression in based on tackles they rarely progress even with superstar development.

I think the most of the problem is the cpu offense. Usually they are down so they abandon the run game, so they are mostly in 3+ wr sets, which takes my lb's off the field. On top of that complete such a low percentage causing less tackles to be made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Progressing LB's?

Yea, I think the killer is that assisted tackled aren't recorded properly. Assisted tackles would at the very least help increase those tackle numbers...but since its a rarity to see an assist, it leaves us to just depend on getting solo tackles, and there just arent enough to go around in the amount of time we play games...which i assume is an average between 6 to 8 minute quarters.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

My linebackers are getting 6-12 per game; the MLB usually has 8-12 while OLB's getting 6-8.

Either you guys aren't getting enough plays in or are using slider sets with a low tackle setting making the HB run all over them. How many tackles do your safeties and CB get?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

the MLB usually has 8-12 while OLB's getting 6-8.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I actually get a lot of tackles with my LBs, I control them most of the time. I usually get around 100 with my MLB for the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

You have to check your sliders.. If your DL is getting more tackles than your LB's, then I would increase CPU Blocking so that the OLine will block the defensive lineman thus opening up tackles for your LB's.

Also, I know that some can't play long minutes, but I think its necessary to get correct stats. Increase the gametime, but also increase the play clock run off so that more seconds are simmed before each play.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
The best way to get xp for linebackers is to get sacks. A couple a game does it for me. That's for a 3-4 though.

From my fingers to your eyes using Tapatalk...
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

The progression really highlights the flaws in Madden.

LB's don't make many tackles, DB's make too many. Combination of unrealistic player movement, poor pursuit angles and suction blocking make it a mess for LB's and too easy for DB's to come in and clean up.

Other obvious flaws:

DB's always hit their INT goals because opportunities come too easily.

WR's rarely hit their catch targets because it's too easy to break long runs and have massive YPC. 5 for 150 is far more common than 15 for 150.

Etc, etc.

Hopefully they use this new system to it's advantage, because it really makes these age old problems very obvious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »