Home

Does EA/Tiburon just stop once they release the game?

This is a discussion on Does EA/Tiburon just stop once they release the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Does EA/Tiburon just stop once they release the game?

They just need to add more. I shouldn't be bored of this game by now with hardly any desire to play it. Sadly there are more generic looking players than there are scanned, and the out of date content really shows. Pre-game is laughable when I see 2 people with the same face representing each team.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #18
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Just for clarity's sake as this is always said for many games, but one thing does not necessarily affect the other. Just because Ultimate Team does updates does not mean it is taking away from other places and vice versa.

Beyond that, peeps are always reading even if they're not responding. Community input/feedback is (and always will be) a big deal -- though I know some have trouble believing that for their own personal reasons, and that's fine.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
Rookie

tha2one's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
I understand these are two completely different games, but they are the ONLY games available in their respective sport. Why am I seeing 2K go above and beyond to put out court updates and make sure rosters are correct, and all we see are the typical same fields we always see in Madden and no real updates on art that truly needs it.

It's disappointing that the Bucc's rock the old school orange uni's in a game on TV with the old field art, and we can't do that in game? Why? Are they too busy working on Ultimate Team features etc? I would love them to concentrate more on the game MADDEN and less on Ultimate Team, it needs to be separate imo.

As a BILLS fan, I would love to be able to use the 90's turf and take it back a few years for a throwback game. The same goes for Canton, we should be able to use our teams field art instead of the generic exhibition field. EA/Tiburon need to realize these are all details we want in the game. Raiders fans should have got the dirt infield as well and were given the shaft.

Why is it that they deliver us what they think is a product that satisfies us, but never go beyond that in terms of what I mentioned above? SMH
Im with you on that they should atleast update midseason on how the field looks for the speciific teams if there is any changes during the season. It is bad enough that the fields look terrible it doesnt even degrade the whole game when it is raining! and the throughout whole season.

Also I feel that Oakland Coliseum should have that Infield During Preason into the end of september like how it was on madden 05-06. And most preseason games most stadiums dont even put all the logos on their fields.

Its just a little frustrating how they always emphasize on "Authenticity" and "What you see on Sundays" and small details like this they cant provide. And always have some type of error when it comes to jerseys.

I love the game. Not complaining on anything else cause I have no choice the only football game out lol but atleast when these devs emphasize on "Authenticity" EVERYTIME atleast fulfil it.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #20
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Herein lies the prob. Online and $.

MUT is addictive and provides infinite opps to milk you for real cash. CCM? Nada.

Until EA finds a way to milk you for payable downloads, CCM is the second cousin.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Ultimate Team IS a huge problem, those of us that have no use for it have it shoved in our face on pre-orders and in our game. I could care less! Want to know where my Calvin Johnson card is sitting? On my receipt still! I want to play MADDEN NFL 13' the hard hitting NFL game not any of EA's extra parlor tricks that = extra cash for them!

Where are the updated fields, the many missing uniforms and cyberfaces that belong in the game? Excuses only work for so long, and just like my Buffalo Bills and Chan Gailey, we are all wise to them now and really are tired of being taken for consumer fools.

YES, MADDEN is good this year, I enjoy playing it, but don't even tell me you gave me in a game the same thing I see on a Sunday! The presentation is just as it's always been, the attention to detail is a push as well yet EA says it's in the game...

I challenge EA/Tiburon to stop lurking and start working with us. We will PAY the money for what we want in the game, just at least hear us and stop sending out people to convince us to buy a broken game on the day of release!

Last edited by Stampede_94; 11-05-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #22
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Just for clarity's sake as this is always said for many games, but one thing does not necessarily affect the other. Just because Ultimate Team does updates does not mean it is taking away from other places and vice versa.

Beyond that, peeps are always reading even if they're not responding. Community input/feedback is (and always will be) a big deal -- though I know some have trouble believing that for their own personal reasons, and that's fine.
So why every time I fire up Madden am I seeing Ultimate Team in a game that I paid for? Why am I getting crushed with Verizon advertisements? I pay $100+ a month to that company, why do I have to hear about them in a game I paid honestly for? I really enjoy the primetime football overlay in the beginning of an afternoon game as well that seems to be overlooked.

EA stands for the almighty dollar and what we as customers can do for you, not what you can do for us. I want EA/Tiburon to work with us... the fans, the consumers. For every Ultimate team graphic/card you create, you could be updating a cyberface, the Panthers or Bears uniforms (Yes they are wrong ), or heck even a new solid idea into the game. NBA2K has a solid my player and tons of bells and whistles, they have all star weekend, we don't even get QB Challenges or anything extra. Take a look at NFL 2K with the game play you have now and build on it, that right there is the blueprint to the future, not some lame card game force fed to us inside the game we already paid for!

Yes I love this engine, I love the career gameface,THANK GOD EA trax are GONE! there are many improvements, but the game is just now hitting the level it should have been years ago, let's see NFL, let's see old school graphics on throwback weekends painted on the field, accurate uniforms for the ONLY NFL GAME. I was once told when you are too comfortable in your position with no worries then you need a challenge and aren't working hard enough, for us EA is working... Let's see more authenticity and an NFL experience in a video game!

I'm sorry, but what good are Barry Sanders and John Elway in a game where they aren't on their old school respective playing surfaces and field graphics from the early 90's? Think about it please. Authenticity would be a huge plus!

All this being said, I respect what's being done for us and yes there is an improvement in this game.

Last edited by Stampede_94; 11-05-2012 at 06:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »