Home

Does EA/Tiburon just stop once they release the game?

This is a discussion on Does EA/Tiburon just stop once they release the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Does EA/Tiburon just stop once they release the game?

I understand these are two completely different games, but they are the ONLY games available in their respective sport. Why am I seeing 2K go above and beyond to put out court updates and make sure rosters are correct, and all we see are the typical same fields we always see in Madden and no real updates on art that truly needs it.

It's disappointing that the Bucc's rock the old school orange uni's in a game on TV with the old field art, and we can't do that in game? Why? Are they too busy working on Ultimate Team features etc? I would love them to concentrate more on the game MADDEN and less on Ultimate Team, it needs to be separate imo.

As a BILLS fan, I would love to be able to use the 90's turf and take it back a few years for a throwback game. The same goes for Canton, we should be able to use our teams field art instead of the generic exhibition field. EA/Tiburon need to realize these are all details we want in the game. Raiders fans should have got the dirt infield as well and were given the shaft.

Why is it that they deliver us what they think is a product that satisfies us, but never go beyond that in terms of what I mentioned above? SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Does EA/Tiburon just stop once they release the game?

I don't know if 2k follows the forums more than Madden people follow the forums, but the reason why 2k responded to the 2k rosters is because people were initially upset that 2k sent out a wrong roster and then sent out another one that was inaccurate.

Madden has had 3 patches so far, but I haven't seen much support around here lately for another one.

Time will tell, they will either come out with a 4th patch or move on to 14.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
You may want to go over to the 2k forums here. I spend a lot of time over there and most of the posts there talk about how bad the support is post release. To me personally I think they have both been great. The end result may not make either forum happy but you certainly have to applaude the support provided by both companies thus far.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Is it really too much to ask for updated field art for teams when the game you bought is made by the company that is the ONLY NFL game on the market? If I want to do a throwback game, Why can I not use that logo and have the old End zone from that era of the team?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

There was some great interaction between EA reps and these forums up to the 3rd patch release, and then they disappeared, like a child that breaks their parents favorite lamp and then runs and hides from the punishment due....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Development cycles. Madden has done enough in my opinion for this iteration. I'm all on board with forgoing a 4th patch and go 100% staff on Madden 14. 2k will do the same and give you about 3 patches.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

Iwould like old 80s astroturf !!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
I understand these are two completely different games, but they are the ONLY games available in their respective sport. Why am I seeing 2K go above and beyond to put out court updates and make sure rosters are correct, and all we see are the typical same fields we always see in Madden and no real updates on art that truly needs it.

It's disappointing that the Bucc's rock the old school orange uni's in a game on TV with the old field art, and we can't do that in game? Why? Are they too busy working on Ultimate Team features etc? I would love them to concentrate more on the game MADDEN and less on Ultimate Team, it needs to be separate imo.

As a BILLS fan, I would love to be able to use the 90's turf and take it back a few years for a throwback game. The same goes for Canton, we should be able to use our teams field art instead of the generic exhibition field. EA/Tiburon need to realize these are all details we want in the game. Raiders fans should have got the dirt infield as well and were given the shaft.

Why is it that they deliver us what they think is a product that satisfies us, but never go beyond that in terms of what I mentioned above? SMH
What do you mean about the Bucs Bucco Bruce unis? You can choose them. Just about every team has one or more throwback uniforms to choose from so, at least on that point, not sure what you are talking about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »