Home

Does age play a roll in how well you enjoy Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Does age play a roll in how well you enjoy Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Does age play a roll in how well you enjoy Madden 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
Now that I'm a bit older; video games don't interest me like they used too. I only play games that have realism in it. I don't get how people have fun playing fantasy games like Skyrim and Final Fantasy. Maybe the 12 year olds, but people my age look weird playing them.
Guess I'm a weirdo...oh wait, I already knew that LOL

I can appreciate a good fantasy story. I don't see what's so weird about that. I also like those games, especially "JRPGs", as they are often called, if they include a tactical and/or strategic challenge to them as I'm a strategy gamer at heart as well as a developed world for the story to take place in. Like the Hymnos language in Ar Tonelico actually being a usable language if two people learned how to speak it.

Things like that are cool to me and flesh out the world, characters, and cultures in which the story is unfolding. Throw on top of that a thought-provoking battle system and developed characters, and I'll play that game over and over every time, "weird" or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #42
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

i dont know the answer to the age question because my guess would be that there are gamers of all ages who fit into every category possible.

to me the problem comes in when every type of gamer is not being represented in the market. its not that madden as a title has to represent every gamer, they can cater to whatever their target fanbase is if they want to.

moreso 2 me the problem is that they have stopped other companies, who may cater to a different type of gamer, from making a certain genre of sports games. and so now madden must be a be-all to everyone. and clearly its not, not by a long shot truthfully.

so 4ex:
1. football game W may cater to casual gamer

2. football game X may cater to hardcore sim gamers

3. football game Y may attempt to be a hybrid of the 2.

4. and football game Z may cater to another sub-genre of the sport altogether ala the college aspect of it.

----

so if more types of gamers were represented, then more ppl would be having a more enjoyable experience, because then you could roll with the game that cater to your personality as a gamer.

there would be no need to complain as much about madden if madden does not represent the type of football experience you are looking for from a video game because chances are another football title would.

-----------

so is it really about age?

or is it that ppl have different things that they value from their gaming experience and because EA big banked the situation we are all being forced to play the game in 1 vision?

so again EA has the ultra-unrealistic responsiblity to try and create a product that caters to everyone and its just not possible. but they did it to themselves so ppl dont let up on what they want in their experience from a football title.

you say EA doesnt owe them this that it makes ppl spoiled. but i say that when EA purchesed the exclusive license and prevented other companies from being able to cater to other types of gamers that they automatically assumed this responsibility and quite frankly they are not living up to their end of the bargain imo.

to me this is the answer to the question more than age..

---------

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 11-06-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #43
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

I grew up on the Genesis. I remember playing those games, and most back then had this amazing depth put into them for the system capabilities, be it story, customization, length of the game, etc. Now it seems that not only does every game have to look like the real thing, but it has to have the ability to also play like the real thing.

As someone said way earlier in the thread, todays gamers are spoiled. Those of us who grew up back when the technology was starting to take off, the majority of us will find a way to enjoy a game regardless of what flaws it has.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Old 11-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 1

i can remember typing basic programs from a tandy book to save onto cassette to play games on our school pc, a trs-80!
or working in my year out at ibm and playing decathlon and gato sub commander on the new pc-at with 10mb hdd and 256 colour screen!

actually some games get worse. the best flight sim for me was Microprose's F-14 Fleet Defender. the only game that you could play as a RIO assign 6 phoenix on 6 targets (and for your wingman) and keep passive because you had the e-2c feed.

if you were close enough for sidewinder or guns then the idea of the f-14 failed. or red storm rising on the pc/cbm. still havent found a decent game for subs where combat and sonar were done as well.

yes im old ><
Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunner
I grew up on the Genesis. I remember playing those games, and most back then had this amazing depth put into them for the system capabilities, be it story, customization, length of the game, etc. Now it seems that not only does every game have to look like the real thing, but it has to have the ability to also play like the real thing.
Did I play M12 a lot and enjoy it? Sure. Played 11 years of franchise, writing up stories in the M12 franchise thread going along. Does that mean I'm spoiled because I want better player intelligence and better line play in future editions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #46
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

OVR: 2

One thing I guess I never thought of is that Madden and NBA LIVE were the first games I recall that allowed us to have realism in game play. I'm sure there were others, I meant at one point there were about 15 baseball games on the market, but at least for me those were the first two that really took it to the next level.

I have found that I enjoy the sim style much more the older I get, but I just don't get all worked up over the stripes on KC's uni's being the wrong width or the need to have 120 different pairs of shoes to pick from.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #47
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

PM me if your a older gamer who would be interested in a connected career for older guys only. This is for die hard football fans who can play madden all year long instead of jumping to NBA 2K13, halo, black ops etc...

Last edited by Houston; 11-08-2012 at 10:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »