Home

Ask Madden=More Int's?

This is a discussion on Ask Madden=More Int's? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Ask Madden=More Int's?

I'm 13 games into my CCM with the Raiders and I have thrown 19 picks which is a lot. However, one thing I have noticed is that when I use the 'Ask Madden' for offensive playcalling I seem to throw a lot more. 15 in 6 games using Ask Madden and 4 in 7 games calling my own plays.

I obviously don't use the Ask Madden feature anymore but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue. I'm playing on default all-madden with no slider adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ask Madden=More Int's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I'm 13 games into my CCM with the Raiders and I have thrown 19 picks which is a lot. However, one thing I have noticed is that when I use the 'Ask Madden' for offensive playcalling I seem to throw a lot more. 15 in 6 games using Ask Madden and 4 in 7 games calling my own plays.

I obviously don't use the Ask Madden feature anymore but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue. I'm playing on default all-madden with no slider adjustments.
I was seeing the same things(too many catches by DBs, they do drop some passes irl), I have adjusted My All-Madden sliders(CPU ints 25).
Some other things I've noticed as a "theme" on All-Madden, so I've since updated my sliders for that too.
I use a mix of Ask Madden and pick some of my own too. I like to stick with formations that are working, Ask Madden doesn't always do that. Makes sense that you would throw more ints on plays that may not be best utilized in certain situations.

All-Madden adjustments
Check them out in the slider thread-----------> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-realism.html

Last edited by D_Fos; 11-03-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

The old man is losing it........lol.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

I guess if Ask Madden is picking plays with difficult routes, maybe that could lead to INTs. But ultimately it is you throwing the ball and your decision making that is resulting in INTs. Perhaps you are just getting better at the game/your decision making. I doubt Ask Madden could have any relation to number of picks thrown.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
I guess if Ask Madden is picking plays with difficult routes, maybe that could lead to INTs. But ultimately it is you throwing the ball and your decision making that is resulting in INTs. Perhaps you are just getting better at the game/your decision making. I doubt Ask Madden could have any relation to number of picks thrown.
Exactly. Ask Madden is probably my most preferred method to call plays and I'm certain its use doesn't result in more turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877

people always say its your decison making but in this game you throw to people that are clearly wide open and it gets picked still the corners react to the ball faster then your receivers and linebackers can jump and intercept a ball thrown to a guy 20 yards beehind him. so much for the new "trajectorys" this game is horrible madden has always been stupid with interceptions. most games the only incomplete passes i throw are interceptions
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Muteki's Arena

Momentum seems huge in this game, once you start throwing picks, the DBs become superstar receivers. If your QB has been hot and hasn't thrown any in a while, the DBs drop a ton of errant throws.

I feel like this is true for everything in this game. Had 8 games where my DT didn't produce at all. Then he got 1 sack, which turned into 3, which turned into another 3, then got held to 1 and hasn't produced since. 4th string DB, made a big forced fumble, then had a pick in 4 straight games, then hasn't done anything since. My list of examples of this goes on and on. My advice is to play it safe for a few games, and you should notice the DBs dropping more after that.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #8
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

I somewhat noticed this too, but a quick adjustment of the sliders and the problem was gone.
I use MarketingWiz's sliders.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »