Home

Connected Careers progression - Player

This is a discussion on Connected Careers progression - Player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Connected Careers progression - Player

I don't understand how players are progressing so slowly in this mode. Here's the run down.

I created my own player, high draft pick, balanced WR with decent speed, return ability (I didn't want this), and by default on the Titans, he became WR2 on depth chart with OVR 82. I didnt like returning kicks as it was useless to gain more than 15 yards on kickoffs and 10 yards on punts. Coverage guys simply/magically shed blockers and make the tackle.

I completed my WR rookie season, making Matt Hassleback the top rated QB in the league, and I shattered every NFL receiving record for the season. I picked up plenty of POW awards and got the Superbowl MVP. Went to the off-season stage and I wanted to check on how well I progressed. During the season, I added my xp to key areas such as catching, catching in traffic, route running, and also the developmental trait, making my player superstar.

Why after such an incredible season, my player went from OVR 82 to just OVR 85? A 3 point increase? Before anyone attacks me here, I need to say that I wasn't expecting a jump from 82 to 94 or more. I was expecting more of 89-92. After all, the NFL records broken for receiving will never be broken no matter how many times you would simulate my connected careers. Hell, I don't think I can duplicate the kind of numbers I put up as a rookie. If I recall correctly, I put up 185 rec, 3200 yds, 30 tds. I'm sure some of you had much better stats.

But now I'm on preseason year #2, with hardly any motivation to play connected careers. What motivates you guys to continue connected careers after the first or even after 2 seasons when the return or reward is so little? A +3 increase, any player can obtain by having a serviceable season for his team.

Can anyone explain this?

Last edited by MAzing87; 11-07-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Connected Careers progression - Player

What is awareness at? That's big in the Overall rating.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
What is awareness at? That's big in the Overall rating.
86. Can you tell me why that is important?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
86. Can you tell me why that is important?
In Madden, 2k, and probably most other sports games, awareness is used pretty much to balance out OVRs. Some people say it has no effect on gameplay, others say it does. In my experience though, a player with a low awareness but higher ratings everywhere else will perform just as well as a player with the same ratings but a high awareness. I think awareness is just used to balance out OVRs a bit. I may very well be wrong though.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

ryanh04's Arena

OVR: 3

Awareness is the KEY rating in madden.
I've been playing with this since the game released so I have a lot of time just spent on awareness.
It depends on Development rating. Nomral = no extra XP, Quick = 33% more then Normal, Superstar = 33% More then Quick.
Getting Back to the thread topic.
Work on Route Running, Catching, Catch in Traffic, Spectacular Catch, Elusiveness, Awareness, Agility, Speed, Acceleration.
Adding Awareness will make OVR go up faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

You shattered season single receiving records, yet you're complaining about your overall? I don't understand your logic.

Last edited by Mbunn1993; 11-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Pro

I think I'm confusing you all. Sorry if I am.

My question is what is the reward in having a stellar season? Is there a bump in progression for having a great year during the off-season? Like how other regular players get an increase. Or is it soley based on the xp that you earn in the games? Maybe I'm late or not aware since I haven't played Madden since Madden 10. In the old myplayer mode, you would get a bump in all categories at the end of the year (quarterly during the season) based on how well you performed. I do remember it not working too well then.

I noticed there's an option to progress weekly or every 4 weeks. Does that matter much?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »