Home

Can CCM ever really create in depth Superstar AND Franchise modes in one???

This is a discussion on Can CCM ever really create in depth Superstar AND Franchise modes in one??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Can CCM ever really create in depth Superstar AND Franchise modes in one???

So, I finally played the Player Mode of CCM, and wow...was I completely underwhelm by the lack of depth and separation between this mode and Coach mode (among other things like how bad supersim really is, yeez).

I remember hearing Looman & co talk about the ability to have Superstar & Franchise co-exist in this one mode (CCM) and mention how easy it makes it for them honestly kind of makes me think the team just might be a bit, um...lazy. Back then, I didn't really think about it, but looking back and having played the game now...it really seems like a terrible idea for us as the consumer who may enjoy these modes.

These two modes are NOT supposed to run the same so why would they integrate it all in one mode? Well, as Looman once said, it's all just to be able to make changes all at once. But as for us, the gamers, how are we supposed to get depth needed in a Franchise mode separated from the depth needed in a single player career mode now!? This simply isn't going to work. I think as far as Franchise goes and being a Franchise guy, CCM can benefit me but not the Superstar gamers.

For the first time in a long time I started and continued playing both the Association & Player modes with NBA2K10. Why? because they offered two different yet realistic & fun career modes. With Madden trying to integrate these modes all in one simply because it makes it easy for the dev team, one of the two modes will always be greatly under-developed since the two modes are not supposed to be the same. There's supposed to be different options, features and overall experience with the two.

I just feel like I'm the only one that sees this as a big problem and accounts to why people do call this team lazy or out the loop. It's simply not supposed to work off the same formats. But can anyone explain just how it could be possible for this team to implement these two modes into one format yet have them function differently (as they should)...? I just don't see it happening.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 11-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »