Home

CPU play calling and accelerated clock

This is a discussion on CPU play calling and accelerated clock within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
CPU play calling and accelerated clock

Anybody done any testing to see if the accelerated clock affects CPU play calling?

Like most people, I've been using settings with some form of AC. Tonight though, I turned it off and played a half using 9-minute quarters. Obviously not a big enough sample, but the Patriots passed 15 times and ran 14 despite beating me up (on default All-Madden). The play-calling just seemed more organic than usual, with more passes on first and second downs. But maybe it's a fluke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: CPU play calling and accelerated clock

I know that the CPU will get the play off no matter what, the lowest I've seen the clock go is :02 whenever a CPU snaps the ball. I have the runoff set to :14 so it doesn't give the CPU much time to make any audibles, which in some cases, could drastically change the game.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 11-06-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #3
Rookie

K9Sig's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
I know that the CPU will get the play off no matter what, the lowest of seen the clock go is :02 whenever a CPU snaps the ball. I have the runoff set to :14 so it doesn't give the CPU much time to make any audibles, which in some cases, could drastically change the game.
I have actually seen the CPU get several delay of game penalties using the acc clock. As far as the play calling goes, have you tried changing the CPU's playbook via the second controller option. This seems to work well and make the calls much better as far as the run pass mix go. There are a few threads floating around which break down which generic play books to use for the computer teams based on that teams play style. I know that Detroit Style has a link to those threads in his sliders. This has made a big difference.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Yeah, I know about the generic playbooks, but I'd prefer to keep teams using their playbooks.

I ended up losing the game 38-10. Pats ran 30 times and passed 23, which isn't too bad considering the score. I may do some more testing though.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

How did your further testing go??? This interestes me greatly also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

I played another game against the Saints. I forget the exact number, but it was about 50/50 run/pass, which is too much running for the Saints. So I think my theory may be false.

I'm going to stick with 9-minute quarters, no accelerated clock for my dynasty. So I'll see how that goes and report back.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

I know about the generic playbooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »