Home

A bit of help with the Pats

This is a discussion on A bit of help with the Pats within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
A bit of help with the Pats

i'm looking to incorporate another dimension to the Pats incredible offense with a trade to bring Tebow in from the Jets. I read somewhere that if you use the Jets playbook there are some plays from the wildcat and from the shotgun where Tebow is automatically subbed in. The trouble i have is can i impliment it to the NE playbook? or will i have to switch my team to the Jets playbook? i dont want to take away from the potency of the 2&3 TE sets?

can someone advise and help me please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: A bit of help with the Pats

I wanted to do this too but I then found out that you can't use custom playbooks so no, however the Jets playbook has a playbook out of the shotgun called "Jet Heavy" which has a wide receiver out left, two or three tight ends, and either a fullback or a half back. The formation does actually have some good plays and are effective.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

The Dick Vermiel (is that his last name?) has a lot of 2 TE formations with the #1 TE playing slot in a lot of formations as well. It also has wildcat with a few pass plays too for Tebow. Youd have to set him in the formation subs every game but it's a good play book for the Colts, Patriots, Redskins, and I'd say Jets as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

No custom playbooks means you have to choose the jets, or use formation substitution and select "Backup QB."

Seriously though... you have Riddley, Woodhead, and Vareen. You have a running game already. You don't need loopy tricks to get your yards.

Don't misunderstand me, I have been playing Madden 12 with the Broncos [along with my 49ers, and the Pats] because they all play so differently. I use Tebow, but he does nothing for NE.

If I wanted to make NE better I would start on defense. If I wanted to make the O better, I would look to add a true vertical threat. Tom hasn't had one since Randy. Try to find someone with 95+ speed and high catch. Route running not needed as badly. Just someone who can take the top off the D and open up medium range routes... or give you a big play if uncovered/covered poorly.

In Madden 11 and 12 I have had fun using the Pats playbook with the Eagles and Michael Vick. Okay, in Madden 12 I use a custom book, but it's based a lot of the Pats from the shotgun and the 49ers/broncos from the single back. Anyway, I would dink and dunk with Vick not even thinking run, and then BAM! I would take advantage of a cover 0 blitz or if they only sent 3 at the QB by taking off for free yards. I remember one of my few online games where I only ran 3 times with Vick, twice for 40+ yard TDs, and the other was just to pick up a key 3rd down conversion.

Last edited by PGaither84; 11-07-2012 at 04:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »