Home

Playcalling in Madden NFL 13

This is a discussion on Playcalling in Madden NFL 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Playcalling in Madden NFL 13

Hey Emm you're back!

Most of these guys have already covered it, the CPU regardless of the team or RB, will pound the rock the whole game regardless of it's effectiveness. I also noticed in offline CCM practice situations the CPU will be on their own 20 with ten seconds left and no timeouts down by a score and they will run the ball?

We want to see to see teams play according to their game plan. Playing teams like GB, NO, Detroit, Patriots, try to run the ball the majority of the game is unrealistic according to their game plans and player skill set.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

losing 21-14 in 3rd i throw pick 6 cmp goes up 28-14 in whole 3rd quarter cmp threw 1 pass ..... 4th quarter they ran 5 straight running plays i stop them get a td its 28-21 next drive more runs with few passes mixed in stop them again... 28 all tie. cmp starts running ball again yet another defensive stop yet another td for me 35-28... to cut this short more runs another td for me i win 42-28.the cmp the whole second half passed 7 times rest half called run plays.

teams used i was browns the cmp was texans

and it didnt matter down or distance they just keep running the ball i know if u have a lead u run to kill the clock but 1 pass play in 10 minute quarter? and only 7 more in 4th? somethings wrong to me.the cmp needs to be more balanced seem's like they just give up once they lose a lead.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, If they won't let us use custom playbooks, then at least allow us to edit the star ratings for the plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

It's been mentioned earlier in this post and in other threads about the game planning being messed up on 1st and 2nd down. It results in most teams running 80% of the time regardless of distance on the two early downs. But the two minute drill is still bad for the cpu.

Perfect example, 4th quarter, 1 minute left and cpu has the ball trailing by 6. They have no timeouts and clearly need a TD and they have to do it quickly. Yet the cpu calls draw plays and running plays and the clock runs out. With two seconds left in one game on my 20 yard line they brought in a 3 TE package and ran the ball when they needed to get the ball in the end zone. Crazy!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

The worst I've seen is a number of times where a FG would win it for the CPU, they have the ball in FG range, and yet they continue to try and score a touch down including passing the ball. I don't remember all the details.

Last edited by RandyBass; 11-08-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

This is mostly at the end of the game with the horrible CPU play calling, it's as if they have no concept of time.

For instance, I was the Bears playing the Packers in the playoffs. I kicked a field goal with 40 seconds left to go up by 1. I kicked off, they downed it. They had the ball at the 20, and they just kept running the ball. Last play of the game was just a run straight up the middle. Couldn't have been anymore pathetic. Just completely blew the whole immersion of the game.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

The CPUs 2 minute drill defense is horrible also.. They'll call all out blitzes sometimes giving up chunks of yards when they should be in something safe.

Emmodot I'm glad you bought this thread up and I hope this is something that is being discussed and tuned for the next patch.. This will greatly improve the game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm really hoping this is something that can be tuned rather than patched. It'd be nice to see some tuners at play for Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »