Home

Playcalling in Madden NFL 13

This is a discussion on Playcalling in Madden NFL 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #49
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Playcalling in Madden NFL 13

This isn't exactly a huge issue but late game AI is broken in practice, too. I always do the "Close Call" one because I can just start it an walk away. Most common ending....

CPU inside my 20, time under 20 seconds. Clock ticking, they call FG. They then call a TO, select a running play and time expires. I get my XP without ever touching the controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5
Score: 0-0
Quarter: 1st qtr wjth 8:14 left (15 min qtrs)
Off/def: Denver offense vs Pittsburgh defense
Down/distance: 3rd and 6 in red zone (20 yd line)
Offensive play (CPU): 2 te, 2 wr formation - stretch run
Defensive play: nickel 2-4-5 sugar 3 seam
Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #51
Rookie

prezidentj33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Playcalling in Madden NFL 13

I have played many teams such as the Packers, NE that when they were down or even close in a game they would run more than pass which isn't logical considering both of these teams are pass heavy offenses.

When Aaron Rodgers is not throwing a pass inside the 10 yard line and the Packers are down by 14 that just isn't realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had a great game against the Bucs in the Wild Card round of a CCM. Doug Martin was running all over me, putting up over 180 yards in the game after my team only allowed a little over 1000 rushing yards all season. Somehow I put together a great drive at the end to put my Hawks up by 1. Problem: Martin was still beastin', the Bucs got downfield to about the 15 yard line, and called their last time out with about 6 seconds on the clock. I was doomed. They then ran the ball with Martin, who was tackled short of the goalline, and the clock expired.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
I've noticed, that no matter how far behind the CPU is, on 4th down, even 4th and inches, they will never go for it. They will punt the ball no matter what, even if they are trailing in the fourth quarter.
ATL, Meet Deuce, Deuce, Meet ATL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I had a situation a couple days ago against the Seahawks. I was up 30-20 with five minutes to go and sacked them on back to back plays and it put them at like 4th and 30 from their own nine and they decided to go for it. I guess it's not that unfathomable but pinned back that deep needing a conversion that long I'd think the best option would be to punt it away and hope for the best. Then again, they went on to end up winning the Super Bowl while I missed the playoffs so I guess they knew what they were doing.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #54
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The computer went for it on 4th down in my last game so it does happen. I do agree that they should be more aggressive when the ball is on my 40 on a 4th and 1 or 2 regardless of score.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #55
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The computer went for it on 4th down in my last game so it does happen. I do agree that they should be more aggressive when the ball is on my 40 on a 4th and 1 or 2 regardless of score.
Not only have I seen them go for it on 4th on my 40, I've NEVER seen this many fake punts...about half of which go for a first down...

Unlike the "gameplan / star / playbook" issue, I think this is triggered by CPU AI...

THAT is going to vary some from USER to USER, based on the "house of cards" that we each have going...sliders / different teams / schemes / etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Not only have I seen them go for it on 4th on my 40, I've NEVER seen this many fake punts...about half of which go for a first down...

Unlike the "gameplan / star / playbook" issue, I think this is triggered by CPU AI...

THAT is going to vary some from USER to USER, based on the "house of cards" that we each have going...sliders / different teams / schemes / etc.
lol since i've never seen so many fake punts/fg in the real nfl as i have this year. i wonder if they don't send some invisible "tendency" threads to our ps3/xbox overnight sometimes...just like in my online league, several players who got injured in real life recently were injured in our league. i know it is just coincidence and focused perception, but still funny tin foil ahat and all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »