Home

Crowd effect?

This is a discussion on Crowd effect? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

OVR: 0
Crowd effect?

Does anyone notice a difference with this from previous maddens? They said they were supposed to fix it but i have mine at 100 and i dont really notice a difference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Crowd effect?

It sounds better in my opinion but I've noticed recently that it doesn't really matter how good the sound is if it doesn't react properly. There are still too many times where the crowd doesn't cheer at the right time. I also can't stand when the crowd starts going full throat non-stop for no reason for several plays.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Banned

Sotendo's Arena

OVR: 5

I loved how everyone was telling doubters to shut up when the Madden NFL 13 feature reveal was going on... everyone was hyped up...

The crowd barely has a difference, it's not dynamic (is your like 1-8 in the season, and you're getting blown and your receiver drops a pass, fans should boo on a couple of plays, like the Jaguars Colts TNF game), and the commentary isn't good, well at least my IMO. It's annoying.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

I just wished it made a difference though, i mean if your playing at a away game and you have a rookie QB, it should make it kinda hard on your end. Or really any away team, but guess it doesnt make a difference
Old 11-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

TBH, the crowd noise is pretty horrendous in this game. Better than years past but still totally feel disengaged. Doesn't ramp up on 3rd downs or TD's that much. Keep going back to it, and while it's not great, listen to APF 2K8's crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

My crowds always dead in the 2nd half of the game, which i would think is when they should be most alive
Old 11-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 21

To me when the crowd is noticeable, your remind about how inept they are at other times. Most of the time they step it up on 3rd downs but it's limited participation and never seems consistantly at the key points in a game.

Most important, I have noticed 95% of the time a touchdown will be cheered, even for the opposing team.

I'm sorry, it's nothing short of laughable. Online CCM, beating a team by 21 points on the road late in the 4th and a TD results in the crowd erupting to cheer. Never heard fans cheer a 28 point loss in real life, yet it's a weekly occurrence in Madden.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

I was winning by 3 tds late in the 4th quarter and the crowd was kinda loud and cheering when there home team would lose.. Didnt make too much sense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »