Home

The Evolution of CCM: Schemes

This is a discussion on The Evolution of CCM: Schemes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Evolution of CCM: Schemes

Ran across something interesting:

I have a rookie punter who is "balanced"...

Through 8 games at that mirrored setting in my scheme menu, he was pretty unspectacular at the coffin corner...

Changed his setting in my scheme menu to "accurate" and he's dropping everything out of bounds inside the opponent's 5 yard line...

My take:

Like previous versions, the player "style" setting ALSO makes that player "focus" on the attributes of the setting, with regard to the way his default style works (or doesn't) with the setting in the scheme menu...

"Mirroring" the setting seems to bring about the best possible results from most players, but setting some to "how you would prefer they play" as opposed to how their style dictates can also bring about a different result...

Like setting your Man to Man corner as "balanced" (plays better in zone than when "mirrored") or your "run stop" DT to balanced (better pass rush), etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »