Home

The Academy of Imaginary Coaches - Madden 13 Edition

This is a discussion on The Academy of Imaginary Coaches - Madden 13 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: The Academy of Imaginary Coaches - Madden 13 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, it's weird. I was thinking it could have something to do with gameplans being different inside CCM which is possibly why Custom Playbooks didn't make it in. I think it could also possibly be that when the new imaginary coach is made, it simply uses the teams playbook with all the plays reset to a half-star but without being able to check, there's no way to know for sure.
Interesting. Next time ill face a fake coach ill leave the playbook as is and see how the run pas ratio is
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

I just had to post something because I really love "The Academy of Imaginary Coaches", lol, I think I'll have to name my online league that!! Just sounds soooo friggin cool!! Wins my vote for best Thread Title EHVEHR!

Also, really interesting point about new coaches calling plays based on their R/P split rather than the playbook ratings!!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I kinda miss the players who retired becoming coaches.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I seem to recall that from Madden 10-12, these imaginary guys would correlate to a real life HC or co-ordinator; they'd have the same initials but a fake name. A little research would give you some ideas as to who they were/could be (for example a guy with the initials JZ would almost certainly have been Jim Zorn).

Doesn't appear as if that's the case this year unless someone can make an argument for it?
Old 11-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaRepellent
I kinda miss the players who retired becoming coaches.
Yeah, it was cool that I could hire London Fletcher to coach my team or Derrick Mason as my OC as he helps my rookie WR perform, etc.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I was going through a bunch of stuff in my CCM last night and came across the Hall Of Fame section and was looking at a bunch of my guys "legacy score" and realized that when you look at active head coaches, it shows even the ones who aren't with teams and essentially head coach free agents. And I'm pretty sure this includes all the fictional coaches and there is a pretty good list. I've found 29.

Unfortunately, you can't tell anything about them until they actually get hired but I'm pretty sure they all come in the same for every CCM but they could be unique to each CCM.

I also messed around with trying to get fired and wasn't successful but it seems to be because being fired is tied to your level 2 season goal which for my coach (Romeo Crennel) was winning just one game. So basically, I had zero chance of ever being fired.

One thing I was successful with though is after my week 17 game where my season was essentially over, I retired as Romeo Crennel and took over as a player (my backup QB) before I advanced the week. When I advanced the week, Crennel retired from the league and opened a head coaching vacancy for my team. Here's some things I found out in the process:
  • A new coach isn't hired until just after the first week of free agency so you have to skip through re-signings and the first week of free agency. I did it a couple times and it didn't affect a lot. I had done most of my renegotiating throughout my season and the CPU teams didn't sign too many free agents as it had only been a week.
  • While simulating through the first week of free agency, the CPU will lay initial offers down on players. They will also progress your players if they haven't already been.
  • Any scouting you'd done throughout the season is maintained. You don't miss out on any scouting points and I believe that even the packages you'd purchased may stay as well but I'm not completely sure.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

I just started a new season and added three new coaches to the list: Joshua Matos, Jason Peterson, and Paul Sonnier. One thing I found interesting was that for Paul Sonnier, his offensive scheme was spread and his playbook was WAS - M. Shanahan whose playbook was also used for Jameson McCoy whose offensive scheme was west coast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #16
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

If anybody is interested, I can post the boxscores of games I play against these fictional coaches to give you an idea of what their playcalling is like. Just curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »