Home

The more time passes with Madden 13, the biggest thing missing is....

This is a discussion on The more time passes with Madden 13, the biggest thing missing is.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
The more time passes with Madden 13, the biggest thing missing is....

Season mode.

With the way the Colts are playing this year, I'd love to be able to play a few of their games in a plain ol Season mode w/o having to worry about CPU trades or un-real roster changes. Same with the Broncos....several other teams. I wanna help a couple teams maybe win some key games down the stretch to make the playoffs. I wanna use a couple of young, upcoming teams like Tampa.

I just wanna have an option every week of being able to use any team to keep up w/ real life.

I can't believe we've gotten to the point where we can't even have a Season mode. Really??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Well the cpu trades issue can be remidied by turning cpu trades off in the menu before starting your ccm.

You can also switch teams in the middle of the season and play multiple games a week. The downside to this is you can not create a coach as he will retire and you will lose all xp points for your coach.

There are work arounds but they are definitely unconventional.

I am a dual sided user. I love the limitation that CCM gives us half the time because it makes it feel like more of a simulation. The other half I like building a team that would never happen in real life (either a horrible team or a dominant team depending on my mood) and I like that there is a work around even if it's unconventional.

It's kind of like Grand Turismo and the difference between simulation mode and arcade mode. So I don't mind it.

The only downside is that there is no true 32 team control. However, I never had the patience to control all 32 teams so that doesn't effect me but I can completely understand the frustration.

Last edited by Ampking101; 11-14-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The more time passes with Madden 13, the biggest thing missing is....

i am starting to really miss the 32 team control from 12. i dont feel like i know what is going on in my league with 13. i am starting to think about buying 12 again and go back to that.

i can get $16 for trade in on 13 and buy 12 for $20, seriously considering it, what are other peoples thoughts?
Old 11-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i havent even started a CCM yet for 13......with all glitches,freezing etc is making me not even wanna attempt one.

i never did a 32 man control season for one i dont have that kinda of time go threw and make sure every team is like there real life team.

12 had its issues as well far as season mode i got threw 6 seasons in 12 but it also had freezing issues i remember playing 2 or 3 games and @ halftime of 3rd game it would freeze and there went all my progress.....and it just became to time consuming.....

so right now if i play 13 its just play now games.....dont wanna play online because of all the cheesing going on rather play cmp and atleast lose to that then somebody scrambling around or throwing long balls ... or going for it on every 4th down.

pretty sad i paided $60 and only have played play now games.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i havent even started a CCM yet for 13......with all glitches,freezing etc is making me not even wanna attempt one.

i never did a 32 man control season for one i dont have that kinda of time go threw and make sure every team is like there real life team.

12 had its issues as well far as season mode i got threw 6 seasons in 12 but it also had freezing issues i remember playing 2 or 3 games and @ halftime of 3rd game it would freeze and there went all my progress.....and it just became to time consuming.....

so right now if i play 13 its just play now games.....dont wanna play online because of all the cheesing going on rather play cmp and atleast lose to that then somebody scrambling around or throwing long balls ... or going for it on every 4th down.

dang that sounds bad, game devs, should be shame of there self. thats why i just kept 12 and ur updates, heck with 13, looks good but just aint worth it this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I would really like to see assistant coaches in the game.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound

Like you, I pretty much have only played "Play Now". I've played 2 CCM games, the rest Play Now....which sucks b/c I noticed the CPU AI seemed noticeably better in CC mode.

I dont know what the hell XP Points and all this stuff is....I DON'T HAVE TIME for all that stuff and training, etc in between each game. I'm not against it, and maybe I'd get around to it eventually......but leave the Season mode in for quick access and being able to play every game.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Like you, I pretty much have only played "Play Now". I've played 2 CCM games, the rest Play Now....which sucks b/c I noticed the CPU AI seemed noticeably better in CC mode.

I dont know what the hell XP Points and all this stuff is....I DON'T HAVE TIME for all that stuff and training, etc in between each game. I'm not against it, and maybe I'd get around to it eventually......but leave the Season mode in for quick access and being able to play every game.

well thats only reason i play play now is because i heard everybody saying the cmp AI played smarter and alot better then in ccm.... because there was some saying they were having crazy scoring games like 70-60's type scores. and i didnt want that i want a high scoring game every now and again.... but now since last patch which broke alot of stuff esp sliders i have been having high scoring games not in the 60's range but close i've been avg almost a game while cmp has jumped up to near 40. had game other day threw 6 picks and still scored 58 points and beat the cmp 58-45... a combined 11 picks and still that high of score. i had 616 yards passing 6 tds the cmp had almost 500 yards passing and 5 td's passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »