Home

No picture players

This is a discussion on No picture players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1
No picture players

Every year around this time in the NFL we have emerging stars breaking out who really were a little unheard of at the start of the season. This results in a bunch of pretty good talent in Madden with no picture to represent them. Players like Josh Gordon, Bobby Wagner, Lance Dunbar, just to name a few. I was just thinking it would be really nice for madden to add their picture when they come out with one of their patches. It really can't be difficult, probably just a few clicks of the mouse. Anyway I just think it would be really nice if EA took the small amount of time it would take for them to edit some players with no impact on the game at all other then a huge boost in presentation in my mind. Josh Gordon is going to be a star in my Browns CCM and it would be way cooler with his pick. That all, not complaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: No picture players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
Every year around this time in the NFL we have emerging stars breaking out who really were a little unheard of at the start of the season. This results in a bunch of pretty good talent in Madden with no picture to represent them. Players like Josh Gordon, Bobby Wagner, Lance Dunbar, just to name a few. I was just thinking it would be really nice for madden to add their picture when they come out with one of their patches. It really can't be difficult, probably just a few clicks of the mouse. Anyway I just think it would be really nice if EA took the small amount of time it would take for them to edit some players with no impact on the game at all other then a huge boost in presentation in my mind. Josh Gordon is going to be a star in my Browns CCM and it would be way cooler with his pick. That all, not complaining.
i agree would be nice have pics and u know they have them ... i agree with gordon dude catches anything u throw his way and has made some amazing catches for me. like with gordon somebody i was talking to said well they had terelle pryors pic as a rookie and he was taken in supp draft so why not have gordon? or others u meantioned.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i agree would be nice have pics and u know they have them ... i agree with gordon dude catches anything u throw his way and has made some amazing catches for me. like with gordon somebody i was talking to said well they had terelle pryors pic as a rookie and he was taken in supp draft so why not have gordon? or others u meantioned.
Right and it's ok if they miss on a few in the beginning of the season. I just think around mid season they should add the picks of players who are now staples on teams, heck even back ups. It can't be no harder then you or I changing our avatar.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3

It's actually not as simple as you would think. Pictures are saved on the disk, so to add player pictures to rosters, EA would need to change files on the physical Madden 13 disk. On the rosters, every player is given a Portrait ID #. This just tells the portrait which file to look into on disk.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Rookie

grahoben's Arena

OVR: 0

It would at least be nice if they had a computer-generated face instead of nothing. Like in MLB the Show
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahoben
It would at least be nice if they had a computer-generated face instead of nothing. Like in MLB the Show
Pretty certain that they have taken these out as well. Only real faces are stored on the disk.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
Rookie

grahoben's Arena

That's too bad, it's just so annoying to see a blank face. I feel like they can at least do something better than that if they don't have the real picture.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Marshall Swb
It's actually not as simple as you would think. Pictures are saved on the disk, so to add player pictures to rosters, EA would need to change files on the physical Madden 13 disk. On the rosters, every player is given a Portrait ID #. This just tells the portrait which file to look into on disk.
It's actually very simple. The PC guys cracked this 4 years ago.

The DB_File needs to be updated (which houses the roster file)
The file that houses the portraits is next(player.dat.. can't remember the exact name)
and last, a new setting file is needed to overwrite which location to load these files from (a source other than your game disc)

.. a big problem is, these changes wouldn't apply to players who had already started a franchise. To see an update Josh Gordon photo in your 'chise, you'd have to start over.

But this can be done, and has. If you have a PC version of the game, boot it up, and load an update. It will reveal the EXACT process, step by step practically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »