Home

Prospects Disappearing and Re-appearing Throughout Year?

This is a discussion on Prospects Disappearing and Re-appearing Throughout Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Prospects Disappearing and Re-appearing Throughout Year?

We're wrapping up our first season of an online Connected Career and about a month ago I noticed something kind of strange: players seemed to be missing from the draft. (This is the Steele; TE Iowa draft)

In a notebook I had written down some of my favorite players from each position, in a scratch area for making my big board. I had QB Myers, who was projected #1 overall, as someone to consider. However, I noticed that for about a month there was no QB Myers anywhere to be found, and nobody was projected to go #1 in the draft. Eventually I assumed I was confused and had written down the wrong thing at some point.

Then, just a few days ago, in week #5 of the offseason, Myers showed up again. However, not only did he re-appear, but a 4th round QB named Ledbetter just disappeared.

Looking at the projected spots of several players, it looks like quite a few guys are missing, as there aren't enough guys to fill up the whole draft.

I'm sure they'll all appear on draft day, but this is concerning and annoying.

Anyone else seen this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Prospects Disappearing and Re-appearing Throughout Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
We're wrapping up our first season of an online Connected Career and about a month ago I noticed something kind of strange: players seemed to be missing from the draft. (This is the Steele; TE Iowa draft)

In a notebook I had written down some of my favorite players from each position, in a scratch area for making my big board. I had QB Myers, who was projected #1 overall, as someone to consider. However, I noticed that for about a month there was no QB Myers anywhere to be found, and nobody was projected to go #1 in the draft. Eventually I assumed I was confused and had written down the wrong thing at some point.

Then, just a few days ago, in week #5 of the offseason, Myers showed up again. However, not only did he re-appear, but a 4th round QB named Ledbetter just disappeared.

Looking at the projected spots of several players, it looks like quite a few guys are missing, as there aren't enough guys to fill up the whole draft.

I'm sure they'll all appear on draft day, but this is concerning and annoying.

Anyone else seen this?
I had this happen as well. It was with one of the guys that they have the stories about. At first I thought I had missed something and he had like chosen to play baseball or something but then I saw he was back a couple weeks later. Not sure what caused it or anything but I only noticed once with one guy but I wouldn't be shocked if it's happened more and just gotten by me since I only scout four times during the season.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes, i have had this happen also with a player that one of the stories were about. John Lugo, MLB. he was getting into trouble all year in college and vanished from the draft board. it wasnt until the offseason before the draft when i noticed him back. Im sure there were more but he was the only one i took notice to.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
Yes, i have had this happen also with a player that one of the stories were about. John Lugo, MLB. he was getting into trouble all year in college and vanished from the draft board. it wasnt until the offseason before the draft when i noticed him back. Im sure there were more but he was the only one i took notice to.
In that season & just ran into this. Maybe kicked off team? I looked to scout him after his 12 tackles in 1st half before being booted for his 'vicious attack on the other team's FB'. 2nd time he's been in trouble this year I think.

Was thinking unreal physical player, low AWR & development prob.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

It happens often. Usually it happens after a story line changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

I've seen it multiple times. I've noticed that I'll read a story line about someone getting hurt or suspended, then go to scout them and they aren't there. I think its because they didn't play in a game that week so you can't scout them if they are on the sideline. Subtle touches of realism by EA that we aren't used too...
Old 11-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
It happens often. Usually it happens after a story line changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoze
I've seen it multiple times. I've noticed that I'll read a story line about someone getting hurt or suspended, then go to scout them and they aren't there. I think its because they didn't play in a game that week so you can't scout them if they are on the sideline. Subtle touches of realism by EA that we aren't used too...
The problem is, neither of these guys are storyline players. Just 2 QBs that happen to be in the draft.

Also, there are entire swaths of the 7th round missing. There literally aren't enough players to fill up a draft right now. This isn't storyline, it's just broken.

We are 3 weeks before the actual draft.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I keep looking for a TE and a WR that I see stories about. One of them is called Cage, I the the other one's name is JJ. I can't really remember, but neither are anywhere in the players I can scout.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »