Home

Change of schemery

This is a discussion on Change of schemery within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Change of schemery

I am in an online CCM with 4 others and we just added a coach this off season(year 1). I was coach for the Carolina Panthers but the new guy wanted them so I was willing give them up and begin with a new team. I retired my old coach and began with a new coach. Decided on a Mike Holmgren storyline taking over the 3-13 Tennessee Titans.

However, not knowing a whole ton on football schemes and such, I was hoping we could get a thread going that brings a lot of information on all the different schemes.

For example:
What positions are most important for each scheme?
What ratings are most important for these players?
What are some examples of current players that fit these schemes?
What types of plays are called for the most part?
What is a general run/pass split?

I chose Holmgren, not sure, but isn't he West Coast scheme? What are the more important positions in West Coast offense and what skill sets do those players need to be effective?

Not sure if he prefers a specific defensive scheme, I am going forward with 4-3 for now as that seems to be what fits the personnel and I am used to that more as well.

Also, maybe getting a list going of possible new coaches and their schemes(I saw a thread with a good list of possible new/former coaches to takeover.)

Any thoughts? Any input?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Change of schemery

The scheme is based on how you like to play.

On the scheme page it tells you what 3 attributes are the key for those type of players.

For example. I run a TAMPA 2/ Attacking 4-3 Zone Blitz. Zone coverage and play recognition are huge for my team. My LBs,CB,SS are set to Zone, My FS is set to prototype. But I could also run a tampa 2 with zone FS and prototype CBs.

My DEs are set to speed rush and my DT to protype. I could also run this defense with Balanced DEs and Run Stuffing DTs.

The scheme is for you to build a team to your play style. West Coast QBs are best at Short & Medium Acc, and throw on the run. But you could have a West Coast Qb with a strong arm. If you plan on stretching the field.

The Key to maximizing the Scheme is to actually play to those settings during games. For example. I am the Dolphins in year 2. If I come out and try to play man press all game I will get toasted since I've dumped everything into zone coverage for my players. It's not that I cant run man press from time to time. However my team is built to run zone coverages and execute those defenses the best.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Good stuff, thanks. I will be running attacking 4-3, currently I have speed rush DE's and balanced DT's. J would like run stuffing DT's I believe. What's my best bet for LB's? My corners are weak, I'm going after D.Rodgers cromartie in FA and drafting a stud hopefully. Prob man coverage corners the best. Griffin and babineaux I think are my safties, pretty good there.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Linebackers for the type of team you want to be. Prototypes work well if you plan on being in man coverage. They are more focused on their athleticism. and usually just need their man coverage beefed up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »