Home

My final thoughts on whether it is worth it to upgrade Development.

This is a discussion on My final thoughts on whether it is worth it to upgrade Development. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My final thoughts on whether it is worth it to upgrade Development.

In my Online CCM we did a fantasy draft. Right before i upgraded Tannehill and CJ spiller to Superstar development i looked at their goals, weekly and milestone, and also their costs for upgrading other attributes.

For both players you get a few thousand more XP for each milestone like for CJ spiller for 10, 12, 16 etc Rushing TDs he gets 3 k instead of 2. And this is across the board for TDs and yardage in games, season, and career. They also get significantly more XP for things such as Probowls, Superbowl wins, MVP, OPOY, stuff like that.

Also it makes upgrading any other attributes cheaper by a few hundred each which over the coarse of a season will add up big time.

So with positions that are easy to get xp with like any skill position and like DE's i would definitely Save and upgrade Dev. As they can easily make up for the 50k in as little as 1 season. Even if they start out as normal as they can make up for it in 2ish seasons. so 3-5 seasons down the road the player will be a lot better.

Now positions like safety or linebacker which are a bit harder to get xp sometimes and are normal i personally would just keep them at normal as it might take 2-3 seasons just to get them to superstar and then 1-3 seasons to make up for that 100k spent on DEV. so it could take several years for it to make a difference. With my team i have Kam chancelor and Antonio Cromartie at normal Dev and im going to keep them their and just upgrade there stats as best as i can. as they probly wont be with my team in 5-6 years.

Also i have found that their weekly goals can change. for CJ spiller it changed from 2 catches to 1td catch. which sucks cuz his other goal is 2 rushing. But overall still worth it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My final thoughts on whether it is worth it to upgrade Development.

On a side note i upgraded Carlos Dunlap in my other CCM and he should be superstar by midway year 2. He also got 20 sacks for me so that helps haha.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: My final thoughts on whether it is worth it to upgrade Development.

Thanks for this info! I was wondering if the development upgrade was worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »