Home

How to re-sign players?

This is a discussion on How to re-sign players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1
How to re-sign players?

Sorry for asking this, but is there any other way to re-sign players than using the re-sign menu?
Problem is, only five of my players are listed there, but I have at least 12 players with expiring contracts. I'm totally lost ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to re-sign players?

The rest of the players will have to be resigned after SB, before the draft. The sucky thing though is that you only get to make them one offer, and if they don't like it they will try FA
Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekolas
The rest of the players will have to be resigned after SB, before the draft. The sucky thing though is that you only get to make them one offer, and if they don't like it they will try FA
Thanks! So it's totally up to the players if they want to negotiate or not?? Not very realistic - I should able to offer them an extension, too.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

No, there is no negotiation for the players that have to be resigned in the offseason. That is what sucks, if you offer them too little, there is no negotiation, just rejection and directly to FA
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks! So it's totally up to the players if they want to negotiate or not?? Not very realistic - I should able to offer them an extension, too.
No it has nothing too do with if they want to sign, it is just that if you pick them up on a one year contract of the FA list then you can't resign them until the offseason. Players who were on your team last season and are expiring you can negotiate with during the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »