Home

Defense - Interception/Ball Hawk Issue

This is a discussion on Defense - Interception/Ball Hawk Issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Defense - Interception/Ball Hawk Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtguru
Sounds like your triggering the hitstick the air and puke animation.

Release the sticks when switching. You can keep button presure on defensive assist and strafe but you have to release the sticks the moment you switch. As soon as the switch is made you can return to the sticks but I find I have more success avoiding the hitstick unless I am absolutely sure my angle of pursuit is perfect.

As for the "ballhawk" feature I have noticed it is less effective since the patch but it's still there. Swat still works fine and I find swat to be less risky. Rarely use ballhawk unless my defender has decent catch rating.
I'm pretty sure I'm not hitting the R stick at all, but if I'm on the L stick wil it screw with my defender? I may be using that as I make the switch, I will try and lay off the sticks completely like you are saying. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Catch is hit or miss for an animation triggering on offense and defense for me. On defense i have a slightly better chance at getting a swat animation to trigger but its not 100%. I had the same problem in Ncaa 13.

Idk if getting animations to play out is related to awareness of some other attribute but it gets really annoying on deep passes on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

Anyone remember back in the day when video games had a 1:1 input? Meaning pressing a button actually had you engage in an animation whenever you pressed it. This atleast gave the illusion of my wr trying to make a play on the ball instead of watching it hit the ground arms length away.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

I've never felt like animation based play was the way to go but that's where Madden went with the series. Kind of terrible in my opinion. I have had these problems as well, my guys ALWAYS stop in their tracks and it gets frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Only issue I've had is when the ball is deep and sorta overthrown if you hold the Y button it will make your DB stop and/or turn weirdly.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #13

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I really like it. I think it's a completely accurate representation of how defensive backs play in real life.

/sarcasm

Honestly, this full-on ruins the game for me. I don't expect to get the pick every time, and quite frankly, I'd be content even if the defensive back only did a little bunny hop towards the ball and missed it. But to have absolutely no reaction from the defensive player other than to stand and stare deeply into your soul questioning your very existence, is just inexcusabe, whomever thought it was a good idea to do that, should most likely be fired.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryaniss0beast
Another question on this subject is when you are progressing players and putting traits into "play ball in the air" if you have a great corner with great catching, is there any reason to spend an additional 10k and change him from aggressive to balanced to conservative?
I don't think you can upgrade to aggressive only balanced and conservative.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

on deep passes its all about holding the defnsive assist button until the last few seconds, then you go for the swat or interception.
part of the problem is without defensive assist its nearly impossible to stay with a reciever stride for stride on deep routes.

I just wish they would just take all the assist features associated with interceptions. this shoudl be 100% user controlled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
Rookie

What exactly does RB do and how is it different than holding Y? Somehow this is the first I'm hearing that RB actually does anything...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »